New REALbasic 2005 for Windows ships; improves visual basic
Submitted By: webmaster
Date: Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Rating: (Not rated)
REAL Software, Inc.
, has announced REALbasic 2005 for Windows Release 3
, a rapid application development (RAD) environment that enables professional and non-professional programmers alike to quickly create software that runs on Windows, even Macintosh and Linux.
creates self-contained executables and eliminates the common problems and installation issues associated with DLLs or external frameworks typical of other cross-platform development environments.
Because REALbasic 2005 for Windows
is powerful, yet easy-to-use and similar to Visual Basic, three million Visual Basic developers around the world can leverage their skills to create great software for Windows.
They gain a new benefit as well -- their software will run on Linux and Macintosh -- because REALbasic is cross-platform.
Release 3 incorporates new features and functionality for improving Visual Basic compatibility and usability, including:
REALbasic 2005 for Windows
- More stable debugger in Windows
- New TypeName() as String function that mimics the functionality of Visual Basic and improves productivity for VB users
- Enhanced theme-savvy capabilities for Windows widgets such as the disclosure triangle
- Improvements to the compiler that speed software development
- Enhanced support for 3D graphics within REALbasic
includes a Visual Basic Project Converter. A white paper outlining best practices for migrating is also available from the company.
Add Your Rating