Aqua Data Studio 4.7 ships with Oracle DBA Tools
Submitted By: Webmaster
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2006
Rating: (Not rated)
has announced the availability of Aqua Data Studio (or ADS) 4.7
, which provides specialized tools to help monitor and administer Oracle databases.
is a database query and administration tool that allows developers to easily create, edit, and execute SQL scripts, as well as browse and visually modify database structures.
With the new release, it adds new tools for database administrators to monitor the status of an Oracle instance, administer server security and maintain storage of the Oracle database.
Version 4.7 includes powerful Oracle DBA Tools:
- Instance Manager makes it easy to control the Oracle instance. You can view and modify server parameters, and monitor and back up the Oracle controlfile.
- Storage Manager lets Oracle users manage tablespaces and datafiles by making it simple to visualize and maintain storage, including object and file IO statistics.
- Oracle Rollback Manager is a new tool that lets you monitor and maintain rollback segments, including current statements, transactions, and execution plans.
- Log Manager gives users control over redo logs and archive logs.
- Security Manager lets you manage users, roles, profiles, permissions, and security.
Version 4.7 also features an Oracle Session Manager which lets you kill/disconnect sessions, start traces, and monitor open cursors and user queries with execution plans.
SGA Manager gives you control over the entire Oracle SGA area, including the SQL area, Lib Cache, and Lib Cache Stats, while Server Statistics give you valuable summary statistics for the Oracle instance, waits and latches.
Its other features allow users to extract data and database designs, visualize them, and migrate them to other database vendors. Developed with the Java programming language, it supports all major operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, Solaris, and the Linux operating system.
It provides an integrated database environment with a single consistent interface to all major relational databases, including Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase, Informix, and PostgreSQL. With a single program, managers can save time and money in the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise relational databases.
Aqua Data Studio 4.7
is available for immediate download via the following link
. Aqua Data Studio licenses for personal and educational use are available without charge.
You may be interested in our resources about:
Add Your Rating