Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

32 by 16 bit integer division for 68HC11

Hi there !

I have tried a couple of division routines for the 68HC11 processor and could not get anywhere.
I need to come up with a very simple algorithm to calculate the result of a 32bit by 16bit division, integer and unsigned.

Any information in this regard will be appreciated. A sample code would be ideal but even the theory of an algorithm would be OK, so I could try to implement it in assembler.

If there is anyone out there that knows how to do it and would like to share it, I will appreciate it very much!
Thank you all.
Julio Dominguez.

Comments

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

_ // http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about { C++, Perl, Visual Basic, Assembly, Java, Delphi, C, R, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Python, Ruby, C#, MATLAB, Scratch, JavaScript, PHP, Objective-C, Go, Swift FoxPro, D, Awk, Rust, Kotlin, LabVIEW, Ada, SAS, Alice, F#, Bash, Apex, Prolog, Logo, Dart, Hack, Julia, ABAP, Transact-SQL, Fortran, VBScript, Erlang, Scheme, Clojure, Lua, ML, COBOL, Scala, Lisp, Crystal } _____