Controlling the parallelport

I'm just starting out with Visual Basic. I want to be able to control some customized hardware through the parallelport. How do I do that with VB? I want to be able to write commands like in Qbasic (out &H378, 255) in VB. Is that possible? Please help me!

Comments

• : I'm just starting out with Visual Basic. I want to be able to control some customized hardware through the parallelport. How do I do that with VB? I want to be able to write commands like in Qbasic (out &H378, 255) in VB. Is that possible? Please help me!
    :

Seems to me that the only way to do that with pure VB is:

Open "lpt1" For Output As 1
    Print #1, Chr$(255);

Search this site (and others) for a dll that was written in C for VB. Seems like it's called inpout or ioport or something along those lines... It gives you the In and Out commands from previous versions of Basic.
  • : : I'm just starting out with Visual Basic. I want to be able to control some customized hardware through the parallelport. How do I do that with VB? I want to be able to write commands like in Qbasic (out &H378, 255) in VB. Is that possible? Please help me!
    : :
    :
    : Seems to me that the only way to do that with pure VB is:
    :
    : Open "lpt1" For Output As 1
    : Print #1, Chr$(255);
    :
    : Search this site (and others) for a dll that was written in C for VB. Seems like it's called inpout or ioport or something along those lines... It gives you the In and Out commands from previous versions of Basic.
    :

I had the same problem a while ago, and found a dll that did the job, if your still stuck, Ill email you it with some sample code.

Regards

Nobbin
  • : : : I'm just starting out with Visual Basic. I want to be able to control some customized hardware through the parallelport. How do I do that with VB? I want to be able to write commands like in Qbasic (out &H378, 255) in VB. Is that possible? Please help me!
    : : :
    : : Seems to me that the only way to do that with pure VB is:
    : : Open "lpt1" For Output As 1
    : : Print #1, Chr$(255);
    : : Search this site (and others) for a dll that was written in C for VB. Seems like it's called inpout or ioport or something along those lines... It gives you the In and Out commands from previous versions of Basic.
    :
    : I had the same problem a while ago, and found a dll that did the job, if your still stuck, Ill email you it with some sample code.
    :
    : Regards
    :
    : Nobbin
    :
    Please do! I'm very new to this vb-programming. I haven't programmed anything since the C64 :-) Would be very greatful for any help.