x.file x,y,z in VB

hello all
please can someone show me how to position my x.file objects in VB using directx8 each time i run my project
it allways appers dead center i have created a sky box and a floor now i need to position the object. thanks for any help.

Yours Hoping To Save The Planet:-)Martyn
martync@blssoftware.co.uk

Comments

• : hello all
    : please can someone show me how to position my x.file objects in VB using directx8 each time i run my project
    : it allways appers dead center i have created a sky box and a floor now i need to position the object. thanks for any help.
    :
    : Yours Hoping To Save The Planet:-)Martyn
    : martync@blssoftware.co.uk
    :

You can perform a Translate (or transform depending on if you want to also rotate it) on the object. I assume you are loading the .x file into a mesh. The easiest way would be to use the Frame hierarchy. Each object is in it's own frame and grouped frames are in higher frames so that:
    [code]
    Skybox
    |--Terrain
    |---Tree Frame
    |-Tree01
    |-Tree02
    |-Tree03
    [/code]
    That way you can move the Master Parent frame and move everything (for instance to do a universal resizing). Then you can select whatever frame object you want and perform some transformation on it when it loads, such as setting it's X,Y,Z coordinates. You will probably have to use the CD3DFrame class provided with DirectX to do it. Another way would be to move the vertices individually.