exe gives error

when i run my programm from vb it runs fine but when create exe of it it gives a runtime error on certain form instead to all the error handling it gives error . it does not give any error at compile time runs fine when run from vb...

Comments

• :
    : when i run my programm from vb it runs fine but when create exe of it it gives a runtime error on certain form instead to all the error handling it gives error . it does not give any error at compile time runs fine when run from vb...
    :

What is the Error Message and number?

• : :
    : : when i run my programm from vb it runs fine but when create exe of it it gives a runtime error on certain form instead to all the error handling it gives error . it does not give any error at compile time runs fine when run from vb...
    : :
    :
    : What is the Error Message and number?
    :
    :

it give error no 5 invalid procedure or argument...
  • : : :
    : : : when i run my programm from vb it runs fine but when create exe of it it gives a runtime error on certain form instead to all the error handling it gives error . it does not give any error at compile time runs fine when run from vb...
    : : :
    : : What is the Error Message and number?
    :
    : it give error no 5 invalid procedure or argument...
    :

Is the same value being passed to the procedure after you created the exe as you were using when running it from VB. The VB documentation says that the most likely cause of this error is that a value is out of range, for example the Sin Function only accepts positive numbers less than 2,147,483,648. If you passed a value >= to the value this error will be generated.

I think I've come across a problem like this in one of my program once, but I can't remember what caused it, or how I fixed it.

How big is the project. I could take a look if it is small enough to email the project to me. You would need to tell me how to get to the spot which is causing the problem. My email address is kerwinm@comcen.com.au and you can send anything that is under 1 MB.

• : : : :
    : : : : when i run my programm from vb it runs fine but when create exe of it it gives a runtime error on certain form instead to all the error handling it gives error . it does not give any error at compile time runs fine when run from vb...
    : : : :
    : : : What is the Error Message and number?
    : : it give error no 5 invalid procedure or argument...
    :
    : Is the same value being passed to the procedure after you created the exe as you were using when running it from VB. The VB documentation says that the most likely cause of this error is that a value is out of range, for example the Sin Function only accepts positive numbers less than 2,147,483,648. If you passed a value >= to the value this error will be generated.
    :
    : I think I've come across a problem like this in one of my program once, but I can't remember what caused it, or how I fixed it.
    :
    : How big is the project. I could take a look if it is small enough to email the project to me. You would need to tell me how to get to the spot which is causing the problem. My email address is kerwinm@comcen.com.au and you can send anything that is under 1 MB.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

thank u very much but after spending a 1 1/2 hour on it i have find the reason of the error anyway thanks again

• : thank u very much but after spending a 1 1/2 hour on it i have find the reason of the error anyway thanks again
    :

Having followed this thread to get some insight on the differences between running in the IDE and running as an exe, I have to ask:

What was the problem?
  • : : thank u very much but after spending a 1 1/2 hour on it i have find the reason of the error anyway thanks again
    :
    : Having followed this thread to get some insight on the differences between running in the IDE and running as an exe, I have to ask:
    :
    : What was the problem?
    :

well the problem was that after calling a proc which is handling the stock i am calling another proc to print the current order and in the stock handling proc i am focusing back to combobox which is cause of problem as form become out of focus as report disp( using crystal reports) therefor its giving me error no 5 now why its not giving the same error in IDE but in exe i have no idea. if u have plz explain..
    remm the error handler was there..

sequence of calling..

call mstock...... combo.setfocus(last line of mstock)
    call printme

• : well the problem was that after calling a proc which is handling the stock i am calling another proc to print the current order and in the stock handling proc i am focusing back to combobox which is cause of problem as form become out of focus as report disp( using crystal reports) therefor its giving me error no 5 now why its not giving the same error in IDE but in exe i have no idea. if u have plz explain..
    : remm the error handler was there..
    :
    : sequence of calling..
    :
    : call mstock...... combo.setfocus(last line of mstock)
    : call printme

The only time I've gotten that error when using .SetFocus is if the control isn't visible or isn't enabled.