Needed: serious game programmers

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by the versus at 2002-5-10 10:54:3[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by the versus at 2002-5-10 10:41:18[/red][/b][hr]
    Hi,
    I am doing by Engineering degree, in Computer Science.
    I have been coding in C++/C(in that order) for the past 2 yrs, but mostly in DOS not Windows env. I am learning VC++ and dev. in Linux over the summer hols. And the best part, I want to become a game programmer-developer. I am 18 in first year of college and my sem. exams are coming on so am not free for another month. But after that I am all ready to start on this stuff.

So.... what do you have in mind.

I read all your messages after writing the above part.
    I hope I am not too late to join this.
    It seems that you have not yet decided on the game genre and I think
    a RTS/RPG mix will be great like "Warlords Battlecry". Great game but
    the graphics and AI sucked. I have this idea of a RTS/RPG that looked as good as Age of Empires.
    I don't have much experience with graphics and such but could learn that but I think I could help with AI and pathfinding etc.

• Hey versus,
    I made a private board (speedyprogramr's board). Apply there.
  • I have some c++ experience from making a few little apps but then i lost them but I dont have game programming experience I really need some. I can also make textures, models, and music, I also would like to code So tell me what I need to do
  • : I have some c++ experience from making a few little apps but then i lost them but I dont have game programming experience I really need some. I can also make textures, models, and music, I also would like to code So tell me what I need to do
    :

We need that kind of help. I think it would be nice to apply for membership in speedyprogrammer board. We have there open disscusion on game development issues.
    Netom

• I would like to join in on the prodject. I am sure you have quite a few already, but on a learning project it wouldnt hurt to have an extra. I have taken classes in a number of programming languages including c, c++, Pascal, ect... I am decient with photoshop especialy with touchups. I have been looking on trying to create a game for a couple of years but have been frustrated with trying to get the info needed.

BTW, already applied at the private board.

Thank you,
    Todd
  • Hello,

I'm one of the guys from the team. Could all of the new people please tell us more about yourselves. I'm just wondering. If you feel embarrassed just read all the messages above this one and you will see that most of us have said were we live and our age (mine - AUS and 15). You don't have to but it can give us an idea of were you live and see if anyone lives near you.

Thanks

Dartsman
  • Sure, I live in Iowa, age 29
  • Hi everyone!

I'm so excited! This is a real big project! I'd be very happy if I could help it. As you can understand I'm not very good at foreign languages but I'm pretty good at programming languages.

I'm writing some simple games for ten years. Also, I've seen and played millions of games: Platform, labirynth, turn based & real time strategies, frp's and rpg's.

I'm good at Delphi (Pascal) and C++ (Builder and Visual).
    Also, I'm learning OpenGL and DirectX. I'm trying to write my own 3D engine for DirectX.

I wrote an OpenGL game(?!). It has an environment like Wolfenstein or Doom. But there is no enemies yet.

I can try to help you in Graphics (2D/3D) Programming, Artificial Intelligence and a little art (like textures).

Good luck!

Long live Rock & Roll!

PsychoClown.

• Hey PsychoClown and everyone else,
    I now have my own private message board called "speedyprogramr's board" or something. If you haven't already, just apply there.
    This is where we're at... noone of us know how to program, so we're doing tutorials.. PsychoClown, perhaps you canhelp us program and explain a little game first, something like tetris, pong, or what not.
    I'll look at the apps tomorrow sometimes, so apply if you'd like :)
    -speedyprogramr

• : Hi everyone!
    :
    : I'm so excited! This is a real big project! I'd be very happy if I could help it. As you can understand I'm not very good at foreign languages but I'm pretty good at programming languages.
    :
    : I'm writing some simple games for ten years. Also, I've seen and played millions of games: Platform, labirynth, turn based & real time strategies, frp's and rpg's.
    :
    : I'm good at Delphi (Pascal) and C++ (Builder and Visual).
    : Also, I'm learning OpenGL and DirectX. I'm trying to write my own 3D engine for DirectX.
    :
    : I wrote an OpenGL game(?!). It has an environment like Wolfenstein or Doom. But there is no enemies yet.
    :
    : I can try to help you in Graphics (2D/3D) Programming, Artificial Intelligence and a little art (like textures).
    :
    : Good luck!
    :
    :
    : Long live Rock & Roll!
    :
    : PsychoClown.
    :
    :
    I think that's cool, send private message to speedyprogrammer for joining.
    Bye
    Netom
  • im c++ direct3d programmer, i currently have a 3d engine running, with collision control, 3d scenario, ladders, boxes, monsters with minimal behavior, etc... i need artists who can develop mesh files (.x) and animations..
  • : im c++ direct3d programmer, i currently have a 3d engine running, with collision control, 3d scenario, ladders, boxes, monsters with minimal behavior, etc... i need artists who can develop mesh files (.x) and animations..
    :

Do you have some demo exe of your project, what your game is about?
    What approach did you use in implementing collision detection? (bounding boxes?) I thought lot about that and checked lot of articles about that on net, maybe you can give me some straight advice?
    As much as I can see from your post, our platform and development technologies are almost completly identical.
    I'm also C++(VC++, WinAPI, MFC, STL) programmer. I'm learning DirectXAPI and doing some basic work in D3D ImmediateMode using DXSDK (for now mostly with help of d3dframe.lib).
    I'm not pro in DX3D but I have will and strenght to learn more and be better in game development.
    Maybe I can help you and with 3D modeling, my secondary area of work is and 3DS Max stuff.

Check this out:
    http://www.websamba.com/netom/d3d.asp (basic demo exe and source)
    http://www.websamba.com/netom/model.asp (low-poly tank model)
    Bye
    Netom
  • i saw your stuff and its nice, i have a full 3d game engine, i need .x files with their associated .ppm files to offer a good demo, my art is not so good, it takes me so much time to develop under windows that im not able to make models. right now i just need some .ppm textures because my monsters are decals, to accelerate my game. step left, step right, front, and backwards, and dead, thats the basic engine i have right now. i calculate if you see the monster walking towards you or not, depending on your position and his direction. i can easily translate to 3d models like halflife. send me some textures like that and scenario elements(i have and automatic .x reader that calcutales its collision detection volume) to incorporate to my game while i translate it into a winmain project(its all c++). im at david902102001@yahoo.com, i need front-left,front-right,back-left,back-right,dead. ill give you the exe file. its runs under directX 3.0 or higher
  • First I would like to say Hello.

Ok if you want to join please go to 'speedyprogr's board' or something like that and apply there. Thanks and I hope that you can get in.
  • Hi, My name is Charles and I'm 15 years old. I am highly experience in Visual basic, and I can translate almost any code into whatever else from these languages: Basic, Visual Basic, C++, Javascript. I also have experience with 2D games and RPGs. Im not a very good graphic artist but I can help think of new ways of doin things and such. If you ever need my help feel free to contact me.
    csolar1124@attbi.com