Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Needed: serious game programmers

Comments

• netomnetom Member Posts: 15
    : i saw your stuff and its nice, i have a full 3d game engine, i need .x files with their associated .ppm files to offer a good demo, my art is not so good, it takes me so much time to develop under windows that im not able to make models. right now i just need some .ppm textures because my monsters are decals, to accelerate my game. step left, step right, front, and backwards, and dead, thats the basic engine i have right now. i calculate if you see the monster walking towards you or not, depending on your position and his direction. i can easily translate to 3d models like halflife. send me some textures like that and scenario elements(i have and automatic .x reader that calcutales its collision detection volume) to incorporate to my game while i translate it into a winmain project(its all c++). im at [email protected], i need front-left,front-right,back-left,back-right,dead. ill give you the exe file. its runs under directX 3.0 or higher
    :

Yeah, I would like to see your demo, could you post it somewhere on web? Also, I know that sprite system is resource less consuming, but I think that feeling of the full 3D models is much better. I'm also implementing on design level that feture in my demo (it's alerady there but I don't like how it is constructed and implemented in sense of C++ classes).
    Bye
    Netom
  • socket3dsocket3d Member Posts: 42
    i need those textures first, currently i dont have any good ones, if you send me the textures i can incorporate them to my demo and send it to you.
  • LEFAMLEFAM Member Posts: 16
    Hello,

Sorry in my english.

I am 15 years old and I live in Mozambique. I know that languages:
    C (turbo C),C++ (turbo C++,visual c++),PASCAL (turbo pascal),BASIC (qbasic,visual basic) and ASSEMBLER (tasm,masm,wasm,nasm,x86).
    I can develop applications to WINDOWS as well as to DOS.
    I am a experienced game programmer and I have a lot of experience in 2D and 3D GRAPHICS PROGRAMMING.
    In my free times I like to write some games.
    I am a serious game programmer and I need to join in.

My contact is:
    [email protected]
  • AyoobAyoob Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I would like to join you. I am also inexperienced. I'm still busy with my qualification. I've already done a number of programming languages including c++. I have not done c though, but I'm willing to learn it. I know lots of people who've done these language and so I can get alot of help from them

: Hi,
    : If you haven't read my previous post, I am new here. I'm in the process of learning C/C++. I'm a tad better in C (in the process of learning arrays, ach!). My C++ isn't great, but there's time over the summer. Don't worry, this isn't a useless post. I'm here to search for some serious game programmers who're interested in programming a little game. This will be my first time and honestly I have no experience. If you're experienced in this area, you're still welcome as you can teach me a lot. Even if you're inexperienced, I'm sure we can put together something :)
    : I have read other posts where programmers are needed...but I wanted to post my own and find a couple of serious programmers. You can be experienced OR inexperienced but I am looking to program in C/C++. Just to let ya know, I'm majoring in computer engineering/science, i'm in college, and soonly 20 years old. Please reply if you're slightly interested...you can quit any time, so you have nothing to lose.
    : Thanks!
    :
    :

• Karl007Karl007 Member Posts: 27
    At least one thing is false n that's a certainty, it's Azincourt not Agincourt. Else I firmly believe it's totally false.

"Honni soit qui mal y pense !" ;)
    : It seems that you have not yet decided on the game genre and I think
    : a RTS/RPG mix will be great like "Warlords Battlecry". Great game but
    : the graphics and AI sucked. I have this idea of a RTS/RPG that looked as good as Age of Empires.

OMG ! That's really a total lack of ambition ! ROFL, AOE is not just a pathfinding routine.
    Yep but you have no experience in game dev projects.

You simply forgot to mention these crucial points :

Game Design - not simply stories and ideas.
    AI - always required else it's a screen saver not a game.

You'd all better focus on reducing your pretentions to the max. Keep in mind that video game is not video making.

Pushing it to the extreme, dont forget that PacMan and Tetris are amongst the most addictive games ever made. Any professionnal coder could do it 3D in a few days. But something nearly as simple as these examples would be an honnest achievement for most of you mates.

It's an enormous combination of experience, skills and knowledge to make a modern 3D commercial game. It's really the most demanding job in programming and it's seldom payed for the efforts. I think some of you have really, really no idea of it.

Do you know about linear algebra, physics, genetic algorithms, path finding, rasterization, procedural geometry, behaviour modelling, production flow, test methodology, 3DS-Max plugins, the PS2 architecture and assembly code, game database, +all basic stuff of classical computer dev project, etc ...

Rotating a .x model in a decor is not a 3D engine. It's mostly cut and paste work. That's not finding how to compress the PVS of the BSP models in Quake.

Dont try a FPS !!!!! Else a mod at most. ROFL
    Dont try 3D unless it's really simple. Because the AI, collision, game play problems become 3D too !! Dont forget that !

However keep the faith. I started like you at the age of 11 and I was making games like Invaders on 8bit machines. I did it for myself coz I could simply not buy em. So my progression was just following the technology race. But now ppl mislead when they think they can try to make a competitive game from scratch.

Do it OK but with :
    1) modesty and realism according to your effective skills.
    2) a precise goal.
    3) maximum will, enthusiasm and commitment.

• sinelawsinelaw Member Posts: 51
    [b][red]This message was edited by the sinelaw at 2002-6-29 19:9:5[/red][/b][hr]
    Can I join too? I'm a beginner C++ programmer and I've created an Euchre game in C++ for the school assignment(I'm in high school) using Borland C++ v3.0.
    My email is: [email protected]

: Yep but you have no experience in game dev projects.
    :
    : You simply forgot to mention these crucial points :
    :
    : Game Design - not simply stories and ideas.
    : AI - always required else it's a screen saver not a game.
    :
    : You'd all better focus on reducing your pretentions to the max. Keep in mind that video game is not video making.
    :
    : Pushing it to the extreme, dont forget that PacMan and Tetris are amongst the most addictive games ever made. Any professionnal coder could do it 3D in a few days. But something nearly as simple as these examples would be an honnest achievement for most of you mates.
    :
    : It's an enormous combination of experience, skills and knowledge to make a modern 3D commercial game. It's really the most demanding job in programming and it's seldom payed for the efforts. I think some of you have really, really no idea of it.
    :
    : Do you know about linear algebra, physics, genetic algorithms, path finding, rasterization, procedural geometry, behaviour modelling, production flow, test methodology, 3DS-Max plugins, the PS2 architecture and assembly code, game database, +all basic stuff of classical computer dev project, etc ...
    :
    : Rotating a .x model in a decor is not a 3D engine. It's mostly cut and paste work. That's not finding how to compress the PVS of the BSP models in Quake.
    :
    : Dont try a FPS !!!!! Else a mod at most. ROFL
    : Dont try 3D unless it's really simple. Because the AI, collision, game play problems become 3D too !! Dont forget that !
    :
    : However keep the faith. I started like you at the age of 11 and I was making games like Invaders on 8bit machines. I did it for myself coz I could simply not buy em. So my progression was just following the technology race. But now ppl mislead when they think they can try to make a competitive game from scratch.
    :
    : Do it OK but with :
    : 1) modesty and realism according to your effective skills.
    : 2) a precise goal.
    : 3) maximum will, enthusiasm and commitment.
    :

Yeah, you got the point!
    You have adressed some though issues about 3D development and I must completly agree with you. Looks like you're doing some "real" work?
    How did you implement all or most of that features, and out from curiosity, whats your main development platform (you mentioned and PS2...)?
    However, you're advices are from first hand and really helpfull for thinking.

Bye
    Netom

------------------------------------
    http://www.websamba.com/netom/d3d.asp (kind of basic demo)
    http://www.websamba.com/netom/model.asp (low poly tank model)
    ------------------------------------
    : At least one thing is false n that's a certainty, it's Azincourt not Agincourt. Else I firmly believe it's totally false.
    :
    : "Honni soit qui mal y pense !" ;)
    :

Well, when I frist read an article(neither French or English), I was suprised with a usual meaning of that symbolic behavior. You know, in some countries that symbol is considered a "victory" sign, but in UK as much as I know it's very rude to show. You know, something that you take for granted and have no meaning whats behind it, and then got you really suprised (I think that Gandhi also used that symbol, but maybe I'm wrong)
    BTW, you're French, don't it? :)
    Bye
    Netom