Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Import Dll Error

nameless1nameless1 Member Posts: 2
I am developing an application for a product called Crystal Enterprise(An Information delivery system). I need to use its dlls for most of the project. I have been sucessful in importing and creating objects from most of the dlls, except for a couple of important ones I need.. I keep getting the following error:

[Error loading type library/dll
An error occurred while referencing a userdefined type. This may be caused by a missing or unregistered type library.]

Why does this happen for only some of the dlls? And is there a way to work around this? All the dlls are registered and I can use them all in Visual Basic(create and use the objects). Please help me with this problem - I do not want to use VB!

Thanx.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I am developing an application for a product called Crystal Enterprise(An Information delivery system). I need to use its dlls for most of the project. I have been sucessful in importing and creating objects from most of the dlls, except for a couple of important ones I need.. I keep getting the following error:
    :
    : [Error loading type library/dll
    : An error occurred while referencing a userdefined type. This may be caused by a missing or unregistered type library.]
    :
    : Why does this happen for only some of the dlls? And is there a way to work around this? All the dlls are registered and I can use them all in Visual Basic(create and use the objects). Please help me with this problem - I do not want to use VB!
    :
    : Thanx.
    :
    These DLLs appear to export COM-objects. These objects must be registered with your program by using a COM-Type Library with the correct GUID. You need to get the Type Library in a separate Delphi unit before you can use it.
    Another way around it is to create a special DLL in VB, which creates your own interface to the COM-objects. I.e. your Delphi program calls a procedure in the VB DLL, which in turn calls the Crystal Enterprise DLL.
  • nameless1nameless1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanx,

Yeah I just made a wrapper class in vb compiled it into .dll and used it in delphi. It worked like a charm but if I am going to be using vb to make wrappers I might as well just use VB. I was trying to avoid vb altogether. I always try to use an alternative to MS Products. But some cases you cannot.
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

__ || http://forcoder.org || free video tutorials and ebooks about | Ruby Delphi Perl Swift Java C Visual Basic Visual Basic .NET Python JavaScript PHP C# Scratch C++ MATLAB PL/SQL Assembly Go R Objective-C Awk Prolog LabVIEW Scala Logo VBScript Erlang D Lisp FoxPro Scheme ML Alice Crystal Rust Hack Kotlin Bash Dart Julia Apex Fortran Lua Transact-SQL ABAP F# COBOL SAS Clojure Ada | ______