Can OpenGL do what Python scripting does?

i'm working on a virtual fitting room program, that accepts user input of its body measurements and generates a 3D human model based on the measurements data. I've been recommended to build a C++ shell and use Python scripting language to handle a 3DS model of a human exporated from Poser. I've been told that Python scripting could dynamically generate the human model based on user input during run-time.

I'd hereby like to know whether OpenGL could be used to perform the tasks mentioned above. If no, then how could I find sample programs for that written in Python scripting language?

-sweetgirl-

Comments

• : i'm working on a virtual fitting room program, that accepts user input of its body measurements and generates a 3D human model based on the measurements data. I've been recommended to build a C++ shell and use Python scripting language to handle a 3DS model of a human exporated from Poser. I've been told that Python scripting could dynamically generate the human model based on user input during run-time.
    :
    : I'd hereby like to know whether OpenGL could be used to perform the tasks mentioned above. If no, then how could I find sample programs for that written in Python scripting language?
    :
    :
    : -sweetgirl-
    :
  • [b][red]This message was edited by mbrio at 2002-10-7 19:49:21[/red][/b][hr]
    I personnaly heaven't worked with OpenGL in python, but I would like to mention that OpenGL is just the 3D API, it just renders your scene to the screen. So if any problems arise, it has nothing to do with OpenGL and everything with Python.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

btw. I do think it can be done, just don't know how..

• I have dabbled in 3D a bit, and although I'm new to programming, I DO recall that many of the motion capture scripting used in Blender(www.blender3d.com) is done using Python. So, I agree that it should be possible to do. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to give any details.