is it possible to learn assembler on an AMDprocessor

is it possible to learn assembler on a new AMD processor?
i've got a xp1500+

Comments

• : is it possible to learn assembler on a new AMD processor?
    : i've got a xp1500+

Of course. Start with a book covering the basics of any 80x86 processor, and move on from there. The processors are more or less backwards compatible, and all the crazy stuff like cache/pipeline/FPU are add-ons that don't violate the basic principles of a machine code program.

Good luck.

• thx m8, now i can start programming :-p
    I really wonna know to program in as many languages as my head
    can carry

: : is it possible to learn assembler on a new AMD processor?
    : : i've got a xp1500+
    :
    : Of course. Start with a book covering the basics of any 80x86 processor, and move on from there. The processors are more or less backwards compatible, and all the crazy stuff like cache/pipeline/FPU are add-ons that don't violate the basic principles of a machine code program.
    :
    : Good luck.
    :
    :

• : thx m8, now i can start programming :-p
    : I really wonna know to program in as many languages as my head
    : can carry
    :
    : : : is it possible to learn assembler on a new AMD processor?
    : : : i've got a xp1500+
    : :
    : : Of course. Start with a book covering the basics of any 80x86 processor, and move on from there. The processors are more or less backwards compatible, and all the crazy stuff like cache/pipeline/FPU are add-ons that don't violate the basic principles of a machine code program.
    : : Good luck.
    :
    :
    You should write your codes only in asm, but its quit good toknow othrer languages,but the basic for ALL them is assembler couse there you can write single processor command what other languages at the same time does't allow!!