Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Best way to start??

Sh4rkSh4rk Member Posts: 1
ok well I have 0 experience with Delphi what so ever. I was wondering what programm should I have and what website/books help me the most in learning it?

Thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : ok well I have 0 experience with Delphi what so ever. I was wondering what programm should I have and what website/books help me the most in learning it?
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    I suggest that you check out this site, especially the previous messages on delphi or pascal. One of the best books I have used is the Delphi Developer's Guide by Teixeira and Pacheco.
    I myself learned delphi from the online-help files. Once you have enough experience on how to use those, they are completely invaluable.
    And off course you can always ask questions, as long as you clearly describe the problem or the error messages.
  • RickListRickList Member Posts: 22
    : : ok well I have 0 experience with Delphi what so ever. I was wondering what programm should I have and what website/books help me the most in learning it?
    : :
    : : Thanks

Hi there,

Besides (the exelent book by Teixera) also check out Matering Delphi 6 by Marco Cantu. It's a bit more for beginners. The delevopers guide assumes some experience in progamming with delphi.
    If you're new to (deplhi) Pascal check out Essectial Pascal from Marco Cantu.
    http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/default.htm
    It's available in a couple of languages for free.

HTH

Richard.