obtaining source code.

If i needed to obtain the complete C++ code of an application, how would i be able to do that?
i'm not talking about a small program. I mean a program such as microsoft access. Not that particular one, but something of that level.
thanks.

Comments

• : If i needed to obtain the complete C++ code of an application, how would i be able to do that?
    : i'm not talking about a small program. I mean a program such as microsoft access. Not that particular one, but something of that level.
    : thanks.
    :

Unless someone wrote a custom program for you, it is highly unlikely that anyone or any company will release the source code to you -- it is considered privileged information and protected by copyright laws. Even if you did talk them into releasing the source to you, it would probably cost you several hundred thousand dollars, and a requirement to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete contract.
  • : : If i needed to obtain the complete C++ code of an application, how would i be able to do that?
    : : i'm not talking about a small program. I mean a program such as microsoft access. Not that particular one, but something of that level.
    : : thanks.
    : :
    :
    : Unless someone wrote a custom program for you, it is highly unlikely that anyone or any company will release the source code to you -- it is considered privileged information and protected by copyright laws. Even if you did talk them into releasing the source to you, it would probably cost you several hundred thousand dollars, and a requirement to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete contract.
    :

What if i just buy them a McDonalds Happy Meal? :-)
  • [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2002-7-27 12:36:26[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    : What if i just buy them a McDonalds Happy Meal? :-)
    :

I didn't think of that! Yes, it might just work. :-)