moving credits

how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    :
    The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    [code]
    procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    begin
    Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    end;
    [/code]

• : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : :
    : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : [code]
    : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : begin
    : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : end;
    : [/code]
    :
    :

You can put all the lines in 1 memo and mark it disabled and no scrollbars. On Timer1.Timer put the first line of the memo in the buttom of the memo.

I find this a better solution

• : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    :
    :
    :
    ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
  • : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : :
    : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : [code]
    : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : begin
    : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : end;
    : : [/code]
    : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    :
    A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
  • : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : : :
    : : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : : [code]
    : : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : : begin
    : : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : : end;
    : : : [/code]
    : : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    : A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
    :

ok that helps allot thanks,but im tryin to do something, i wanna make a password program that when u type in the right password and click on a button u will be displayed a form. and if you get it wrong, then it will display a message, please help, i know its easy to do but i cant remember how. thanks!
  • : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : : : :
    : : : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : : : [code]
    : : : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : begin
    : : : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : : : end;
    : : : : [/code]
    : : : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    : : A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
    :
    :
    : ok that helps allot thanks,but im tryin to do something, i wanna make a password program that when u type in the right password and click on a button u will be displayed a form. and if you get it wrong, then it will display a message, please help, i know its easy to do but i cant remember how. thanks!
    :
    The following code needs some work. It takes a TEdit on an extra form. This form needs to be removed from the auto-create list in the Program|Options dialog box.
    [code]
    procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    begin
    Form2:=TForm.Create(Application); // Create the password form
    Form2.ShowModal; // show it
    if Form2.Edit1<>'password' then begin
    ShowMessage('Invalid password! Terminating program');
    Close; // Close program
    end;
    Form2.Free; // Free memory
    end;
    [/code]
    This will ask for a password, before the mainform shows. If the user types the correct password then the program proceeds, otherwise it terminates.
  • : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : : begin
    : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : : : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : : : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : : : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : : : : end;
    : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    : : : A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
    : : ok that helps allot thanks,but im tryin to do something, i wanna make a password program that when u type in the right password and click on a button u will be displayed a form. and if you get it wrong, then it will display a message, please help, i know its easy to do but i cant remember how. thanks!
    : The following code needs some work. It takes a TEdit on an extra form. This form needs to be removed from the auto-create list in the Program|Options dialog box.
    : procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    : Form2:=TForm.Create(Application); // Create the password form
    : Form2.ShowModal; // show it
    : if Form2.Edit1<>'password' then begin
    : ShowMessage('Invalid password! Terminating program');
    : Close; // Close program
    : Form2.Free; // Free memory
    : This will ask for a password, before the mainform shows. If the user types the correct password then the program proceeds, otherwise it terminates.
    :

ok thanks but that kind of not what i meant. i meant that i want my main form to have an edit box on it that when somebody types something in there and clicks on a button, then depending on if the password is right they will see another form.
    i made one similiar but i didnt have a button and as soon as the text was typed then the form was shown. i want the user to click a button first. thanks!
  • : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : : : begin
    : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : : : : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : : : : : end;
    : : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    : : : : A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
    : : : ok that helps allot thanks,but im tryin to do something, i wanna make a password program that when u type in the right password and click on a button u will be displayed a form. and if you get it wrong, then it will display a message, please help, i know its easy to do but i cant remember how. thanks!
    : : The following code needs some work. It takes a TEdit on an extra form. This form needs to be removed from the auto-create list in the Program|Options dialog box.
    : : procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    : : Form2:=TForm.Create(Application); // Create the password form
    : : Form2.ShowModal; // show it
    : : if Form2.Edit1<>'password' then begin
    : : ShowMessage('Invalid password! Terminating program');
    : : Close; // Close program
    : : Form2.Free; // Free memory
    : : This will ask for a password, before the mainform shows. If the user types the correct password then the program proceeds, otherwise it terminates.
    :
    :
    :
    : ok thanks but that kind of not what i meant. i meant that i want my main form to have an edit box on it that when somebody types something in there and clicks on a button, then depending on if the password is right they will see another form.
    : i made one similiar but i didnt have a button and as soon as the text was typed then the form was shown. i want the user to click a button first. thanks!
    :
    I see. Here is the code for the OnClick() event of the button. This will check the validity of the password and then show the second form.
    [code]
    procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
    begin
    if Edit1.Text='Password' then
    Form2.ShowModal;
    end;
    [/code]

• : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : : : : begin
    : : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : : : : : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : : : : : : end;
    : : : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    : : : : : A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
    : : : : ok that helps allot thanks,but im tryin to do something, i wanna make a password program that when u type in the right password and click on a button u will be displayed a form. and if you get it wrong, then it will display a message, please help, i know its easy to do but i cant remember how. thanks!
    : : : The following code needs some work. It takes a TEdit on an extra form. This form needs to be removed from the auto-create list in the Program|Options dialog box.
    : : : procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    : : : Form2:=TForm.Create(Application); // Create the password form
    : : : Form2.ShowModal; // show it
    : : : if Form2.Edit1<>'password' then begin
    : : : ShowMessage('Invalid password! Terminating program');
    : : : Close; // Close program
    : : : Form2.Free; // Free memory
    : : : This will ask for a password, before the mainform shows. If the user types the correct password then the program proceeds, otherwise it terminates.
    : : ok thanks but that kind of not what i meant. i meant that i want my main form to have an edit box on it that when somebody types something in there and clicks on a button, then depending on if the password is right they will see another form.
    : : i made one similiar but i didnt have a button and as soon as the text was typed then the form was shown. i want the user to click a button first. thanks!
    : I see. Here is the code for the OnClick() event of the button. This will check the validity of the password and then show the second form.
    : procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
    : if Edit1.Text='Password' then
    : Form2.ShowModal;
    :
    :
    thanks! now all i need is to know how to make the message box pop up if the password is wrong??
    do i put this code:

if Edit1.Text= ('') then
    ShowMessage ('Password Invalid')

do i put that after your code?
    thanks!
    do i put it after
  • [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-26 23:13:32[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : : : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : : : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : : : : : begin
    : : : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : : : : : : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : : : : : : : end;
    : : : : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : : : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    : : : : : : A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
    : : : : : ok that helps allot thanks,but im tryin to do something, i wanna make a password program that when u type in the right password and click on a button u will be displayed a form. and if you get it wrong, then it will display a message, please help, i know its easy to do but i cant remember how. thanks!
    : : : : The following code needs some work. It takes a TEdit on an extra form. This form needs to be removed from the auto-create list in the Program|Options dialog box.
    : : : : [code]
    : : : : procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : begin
    : : : : Form2:=TForm.Create(Application); // Create the password form
    : : : : Form2.ShowModal; // show it
    : : : : if Form2.Edit1<>'password' then begin
    : : : : ShowMessage('Invalid password! Terminating program');
    : : : : Close; // Close program
    : : : : Form2.Free; // Free memory
    : : : : [/code]
    : : : : This will ask for a password, before the mainform shows. If the user types the correct password then the program proceeds, otherwise it terminates.
    : : : ok thanks but that kind of not what i meant. i meant that i want my main form to have an edit box on it that when somebody types something in there and clicks on a button, then depending on if the password is right they will see another form.
    : : : i made one similiar but i didnt have a button and as soon as the text was typed then the form was shown. i want the user to click a button first. thanks!
    : : I see. Here is the code for the OnClick() event of the button. This will check the validity of the password and then show the second form.
    : : procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
    : : if Edit1.Text='Password' then
    : : Form2.ShowModal;
    : thanks! now all i need is to know how to make the message box pop up if the password is wrong??
    : do i put this code:
    :
    : if Edit1.Text= ('') then
    : ShowMessage ('Password Invalid')
    :
    : do i put that after your code?
    : thanks!
    : do i put it after
    :
    Add an else statement to the it-then. Something like this:
    [code]
    : : if Edit1.Text='Password' then
    : : Form2.ShowModal
    else
    ShowMessage('Password Invalid');
    [/code]

• : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-26 23:13:32[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : : : : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : : : : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : : : : : : begin
    : : : : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : : : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : : : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : : : : : : : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : : : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : : : : : : : : end;
    : : : : : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : : : : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    : : : : : : : A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
    : : : : : : ok that helps allot thanks,but im tryin to do something, i wanna make a password program that when u type in the right password and click on a button u will be displayed a form. and if you get it wrong, then it will display a message, please help, i know its easy to do but i cant remember how. thanks!
    : : : : : The following code needs some work. It takes a TEdit on an extra form. This form needs to be removed from the auto-create list in the Program|Options dialog box.
    : : : : : procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : : Form2:=TForm.Create(Application); // Create the password form
    : : : : : Form2.ShowModal; // show it
    : : : : : if Form2.Edit1<>'password' then begin
    : : : : : ShowMessage('Invalid password! Terminating program');
    : : : : : Close; // Close program
    : : : : : Form2.Free; // Free memory
    : : : : : This will ask for a password, before the mainform shows. If the user types the correct password then the program proceeds, otherwise it terminates.
    : : : : ok thanks but that kind of not what i meant. i meant that i want my main form to have an edit box on it that when somebody types something in there and clicks on a button, then depending on if the password is right they will see another form.
    : : : : i made one similiar but i didnt have a button and as soon as the text was typed then the form was shown. i want the user to click a button first. thanks!
    : : : I see. Here is the code for the OnClick() event of the button. This will check the validity of the password and then show the second form.
    : : : procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
    : : : if Edit1.Text='Password' then
    : : : Form2.ShowModal;
    : : thanks! now all i need is to know how to make the message box pop up if the password is wrong??
    : : do i put this code:
    : : if Edit1.Text= ('') then
    : : ShowMessage ('Password Invalid')
    : : do i put that after your code?
    : : thanks!
    : : do i put it after
    : Add an else statement to the it-then. Something like this:
    : : : Form2.ShowModal
    : else
    : ShowMessage('Password Invalid');
    :
    :
    :
    thanks alot!! that helped so much!
  • : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-26 23:13:32[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the zibadian at 2002-5-24 6:2:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : : : how do i make an about form that wil scroll like a "credits" look. i want to make it scroll. please help and use laymans terms cuz im very new to delphi. thanks!
    : : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : : The easiest way is to place a 2 TMemos and a TTimer on the form. 1 Memo has its Visible property set to false, and contains all the credits lines. The other one is the "credits-view". In the OnTimer, you delete the top line from the credits-view and copy a new line to the view from the hidden memo. Here is a small piece of untested code, which shows what I mean.
    : : : : : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : : : : : procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : : : : : : begin
    : : : : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Delete(0); // Delete the top line
    : : : : : : : : : Memo1.Lines.Add(Memo2.Lines[Timer1.Tag]); // Add the new line to the bottom
    : : : : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := Timer1.Tag + 1; // Increase the counter to the next line
    : : : : : : : : : if Timer1.Tag = Memo2.Lines.Count then
    : : : : : : : : : Timer1.Tag := 0; // Start from the beginning again.
    : : : : : : : : : end;
    : : : : : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : : : : ok, i kind of got it but im not to familiar with timers. please emphasize on the timer explanation if you can explain the reason for the commands u put in, i would greatly appreciate it ! thanks for your help!
    : : : : : : : A TTimer is simply a component, which performs an action once per interval. The length of the interval can be set by you in the Object Inspector or at run-time. The action it performs is gives in the OnTimer event. For more explanation, please refer to the help files.
    : : : : : : ok that helps allot thanks,but im tryin to do something, i wanna make a password program that when u type in the right password and click on a button u will be displayed a form. and if you get it wrong, then it will display a message, please help, i know its easy to do but i cant remember how. thanks!
    : : : : : The following code needs some work. It takes a TEdit on an extra form. This form needs to be removed from the auto-create list in the Program|Options dialog box.
    : : : : : procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    : : : : : Form2:=TForm.Create(Application); // Create the password form
    : : : : : Form2.ShowModal; // show it
    : : : : : if Form2.Edit1<>'password' then begin
    : : : : : ShowMessage('Invalid password! Terminating program');
    : : : : : Close; // Close program
    : : : : : Form2.Free; // Free memory
    : : : : : This will ask for a password, before the mainform shows. If the user types the correct password then the program proceeds, otherwise it terminates.
    : : : : ok thanks but that kind of not what i meant. i meant that i want my main form to have an edit box on it that when somebody types something in there and clicks on a button, then depending on if the password is right they will see another form.
    : : : : i made one similiar but i didnt have a button and as soon as the text was typed then the form was shown. i want the user to click a button first. thanks!
    : : : I see. Here is the code for the OnClick() event of the button. This will check the validity of the password and then show the second form.
    : : : procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
    : : : Form2.ShowModal;
    : : thanks! now all i need is to know how to make the message box pop up if the password is wrong??
    : : do i put this code:
    : : if Edit1.Text= ('') then
    : : ShowMessage ('Password Invalid')
    : : do i put that after your code?
    : : thanks!
    : : do i put it after
    : Add an else statement to the it-then. Something like this: