QBasic

QBasic 4.5 wont let me copy from a web page and paste into it and i cant figure out why. Anyone else got this problem or know how to fix it?

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by the Moderator at 2002-5-28 15:22:45[/red][/b][hr]
    you can't copy from a windows program and paste into a DOS program. You can only paste from windows prog to windows prog - notepad, for example. Just copy from a webpage, paste into notepad, then open it in QB.

--edit---

hehe.. I'm wrong, take a look at tburcham's reply.

: QBasic 4.5 wont let me copy from a web page and paste into it and i cant figure out why. Anyone else got this problem or know how to fix it?
    :

• : you can't copy from a windows program and paste into a DOS program. You can only paste from windows prog to windows prog - notepad, for example. Just copy from a webpage, paste into notepad, then open it in QB.
    :
    :
    : : QBasic 4.5 wont let me copy from a web page and paste into it and i cant figure out why. Anyone else got this problem or know how to fix it?
    : :
    :
    :

There are ways to access the windows clipboard from DOS, but it won't help you here. Maby it's that you save your bas file in binary format, you can change it when you do Save As
  • : QBasic 4.5 wont let me copy from a web page and paste into it and i cant figure out why. Anyone else got this problem or know how to fix it?
    :

I just now copied text from this
    very web page and pasted it into
    QB. Did you try using the paste
    button on the toolbar to do this?

You activate the toolbar by right-
    clicking either the icon in the
    task bar or on the program file.
    Then go to "Properties" etc.

Also, the paste process is always
    slow and may not start until a few
    seconds after you click the button.

• NO Duh!, I do the same thing with QBasic Extended: QB7.1

: : QBasic 4.5 wont let me copy from a web page and paste into it and i cant figure out why. Anyone else got this problem or know how to fix it?
    : :
    :
    : I just now copied text from this
    : very web page and pasted it into
    : QB. Did you try using the paste
    : button on the toolbar to do this?
    :
    : You activate the toolbar by right-
    : clicking either the icon in the
    : task bar or on the program file.
    : Then go to "Properties" etc.
    :