Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Few Problems

SimonTSimonT Member Posts: 32
Hi!
I don't speek english very good, but I will try to do my best.

Problem 1
I sometimes need to kill all aplications running on my machine except explorer and systray, is it possible to get a list of running aplications and kill some of them from my delphi program???

Problem 2
I need to asociate some actions in my program with shortcuts which will also work outside of my program. I'm speaking about something like: When I press "E" my program gets on top.

Problem 3
I was trying to find the Windows API headers for Delphi. But not just the headers, I need also some comments. Does anybody know where to find them???

THX wery much for any help.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi!
    : I don't speek english very good, but I will try to do my best.
    :
    : Problem 1
    : I sometimes need to kill all aplications running on my machine except explorer and systray, is it possible to get a list of running aplications and kill some of them from my delphi program???
    :
    : Problem 2
    : I need to asociate some actions in my program with shortcuts which will also work outside of my program. I'm speaking about something like: When I press "E" my program gets on top.
    :
    : Problem 3
    : I was trying to find the Windows API headers for Delphi. But not just the headers, I need also some comments. Does anybody know where to find them???
    :
    : THX wery much for any help.
    :
    Problem 1:

You need to enumate through all the processes, although I haven't exactly figured out how yet. There is another post on this subject on this board. Then you need to send a WM_QUIT message to the processes you want to stop.

Problem 2:

I have tried this myself, and found it to be very difficult, if not impossible. I now know how to approach the problem, but cannot implement it. Here is how to do it (I think): your program needs to be hooked into the windows message chain, right after windows itself. This way all messages will go through your program and then to the active program. All you need to do then is to take a peek at the WM_KEYUP message to see if the hot-key has been pressed.

Problem 3:

Depending on the version of Delphi, you might have the "windows.pas" file on your computer. This lists nearly all the API functions. If you place the text-cursor in the ame and press F1, you should get the help about it.
    You can also check out the microsoft site and search for the name of the function you want to know more about. This will give you some information, but it is very badly written.
    The local library is also a possible source for information. You need to find a book on programming the API.

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

________ { http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about { Objective-C Scratch Go C Perl JavaScript PHP Swift R Delphi Assembly Visual Basic C++ C# PL/SQL Visual Basic .NET MATLAB Python Ruby Java Logo Julia Scala Rust Transact-SQL D Prolog Kotlin Bash Scheme Awk COBOL LabVIEW Ada Crystal Clojure Alice Apex Erlang Lua F# Dart ABAP Fortran FoxPro VBScript ML Hack SAS Lisp } __