Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How many of you use the Version Info!??

FreakboYFreakboY Member Posts: 117
I was wondering how to fill all those fields!!!
anyone knows what each thing is for and what
they use it for!?? (*in detail pliz!*)

*i alwasys use it but i fill it as i like*
*thats why i want to know what
every specific field is for*

laterz...

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I was wondering how to fill all those fields!!!
    : anyone knows what each thing is for and what
    : they use it for!?? (*in detail pliz!*)
    :
    : *i alwasys use it but i fill it as i like*
    : *thats why i want to know what
    : every specific field is for*
    :
    : laterz...
    :
    I myself use the version info to manage different versions of my programs, and to fill an About... box. Here are the fields as I understand and use them.

CompanyName: In this field I always put the organization from which I got the assignment. If you created a program for your company, this is where to place its name, so others can find out which company holds the copyrights.
    FileDescription: I use this to give the full name of the module. Often my files have a longer name than the filename. This is the place where I put it.
    FileVersion: This is the version of the module, not of the complete project, because my projects nearly always include 2 or more special DLLs.
    InternalName: I use this field as a identifier for my own management purposes.
    LegalCopyright, LegalTrademarks: I don't use these fields, but they are there to list the Copyright data (Shareware, Freeware, patented, etc.) and the trademark symbols such as "c", "r", "tm", etc.
    OriginalFilename: Here I list the filename of the module again, minus the extension.
    ProductName: This field shows the full project name.
    ProductVersion: This field show the project version, which might be different from the file-version.
    Comments: I don't use this field, but you can include whatever comments you like.
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

____ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about // PHP Ruby C Scratch JavaScript Visual Basic Go Visual Basic .NET PL/SQL C++ Objective-C Delphi MATLAB Python Swift Perl R C# Java Assembly Julia COBOL ABAP Bash VBScript Clojure FoxPro Dart Fortran Ada Prolog Alice Logo Apex F# Transact-SQL Erlang Awk Lisp Rust Hack Crystal D Kotlin SAS ML Scala LabVIEW Lua Scheme //