Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Newbie Question - About String Functions

CoolWriterCoolWriter Member Posts: 72
Hi All,
In fact I'm a Visual Basic programmer. But now I started learning Borland Delphi.
I need some string manipulation functions and usages like InStr(), InStrRev() and Mid(). These functions are VisualBasic functions and I dont know how to use these functions in Delphi. Need your help.
Thanks a lot...

CoolWirter
Old VB, New Delphi Programmer :)

Comments

• ManningManning Member Posts: 1,621
    : Hi All,
    : In fact I'm a Visual Basic programmer. But now I started learning Borland Delphi.
    : I need some string manipulation functions and usages like InStr(), InStrRev() and Mid(). These functions are VisualBasic functions and I dont know how to use these functions in Delphi. Need your help.

InStr = Pos, and Mid = Copy. Im assuming InStrRev is the same as InStr but returns its distance from the end of the string. In which case Ive never heard of a Pascal equivalent, but it would be easy to write one using a loop.

• CoolWriterCoolWriter Member Posts: 72
    : : Hi All,
    : : In fact I'm a Visual Basic programmer. But now I started learning Borland Delphi.
    : : I need some string manipulation functions and usages like InStr(), InStrRev() and Mid(). These functions are VisualBasic functions and I dont know how to use these functions in Delphi. Need your help.
    :
    : InStr = Pos, and Mid = Copy. Im assuming InStrRev is the same as InStr but returns its distance from the end of the string. In which case Ive never heard of a Pascal equivalent, but it would be easy to write one using a loop.
    :
    :
    Thanks a lot for your help... Delphi is really powerfull :)

• DhruvDhruv Member Posts: 59
    : Hi All,
    : In fact I'm a Visual Basic programmer. But now I started learning Borland Delphi.
    : I need some string manipulation functions and usages like InStr(), InStrRev() and Mid(). These functions are VisualBasic functions and I dont know how to use these functions in Delphi. Need your help.
    : Thanks a lot...
    :
    : CoolWirter
    : Old VB, New Delphi Programmer :)
    :
    If you have the Delphi documentation / helpfile, search for 'StrLength'. Then on the page that appears, click on 'String functions'. This will list all the OOPascal string functions. Yes Delphi does have equivalent functions.

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_______ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about || C, Ruby, C#, PL/SQL, R, MATLAB, Swift, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Go, PHP, Delphi, Scratch, Assembly, Visual Basic, Java, Python, Objective-C, C++, Perl Fortran, D, COBOL, Apex, Erlang, ABAP, Prolog, FoxPro, Scheme, Julia, Kotlin, LabVIEW, Clojure, Scala, F#, Lisp, Dart, Bash, VBScript, SAS, Awk, Alice, Logo, Rust, Crystal, Lua, ML, Transact-SQL, Hack, Ada || ________