Drawing Images in an Application

I've been pulling my hair out and can find no answer to my question. I just read through the message boards and I am having the same problem as the user "Requiem". I would like to be able to draw an image on a panel (a gif to be specific). I read in a book about how to use the Toolkit class but the book unfortunately did not provide a full working example. I can get my code to draw strings to my panel but not an image. Can anyone give me a basic working example of drawing an image on a panel or jpanel or give me help in finding the code to do so? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• : I've been pulling my hair out and can find no answer to my question. I just read through the message boards and I am having the same problem as the user "Requiem". I would like to be able to draw an image on a panel (a gif to be specific). I read in a book about how to use the Toolkit class but the book unfortunately did not provide a full working example. I can get my code to draw strings to my panel but not an image. Can anyone give me a basic working example of drawing an image on a panel or jpanel or give me help in finding the code to do so? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    :
    To draw an image on a panel u need to use the paint method. First u need to load the image with for example mediatracker. Then u need to override the paint method
    public void paint(Graphics g) {
    g.drawImage(i,0,0,this)
    }
    I have an essay where i show you it but i am still working on it because i have some bugs with it. The painting is fine but i cannot send it yet because this pc is a bit slow but when i am at school i can send it just leave a msg if u want it at giga19@hotmail.com
    Enjoy