how do i start?

i'm new here... i wanted to learn more abt programming.... pls... can this site be my school.... can u be my guide....

Comments

• : i'm new here... i wanted to learn more abt programming.... pls... can this site be my school.... can u be my guide....
    :

That's what this site is here for. Best bet is to look at the examples provided with QB, study them carefully, make extensive use of the help file (VERY IMPORTANT!!! It's annoying to answer a question that is in the help file) and then post here with any questions you still have.

For example:

PRINT "Hi!"

Don't ask what "PRINT" is for, look it up. The help file is plain as day. It prints the string to the screen.

LOCATE 1, 1

Also in the help file. Moves the cursor to the specified location.

A bit different:

POKE 1234, 123

POKE is in the help file. That line [should] put the value 123 in the memory location 1234 (could be backwards). A good question if the result isn't immediately obvious (I have no idea what that line would do!) is to ask what the result is, not what POKE is for.

If you don't want to study the examples or make use of the help file, then please don't waste everyone's time.

Welcome to programming and ProgrammersHeaven!
  • : i'm new here... i wanted to learn more abt programming.... pls... can this site be my school.... can u be my guide....
    :

You can for FREE SheerPower 4GL -- a complete BASIC with 4GL and other extensions. Includes a nifty manual that will help you learn programming -- all easy!

http://www.ttinet.com/sheerpower