Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need help urgently

jade1jade1 Member Posts: 59
I cant seem to get this application to become a reality.Maybe someone can help me. I need to write an application for a friend who owns his own Tollgate Enterprise.The tollgate is calculated as follows:
For a vehicle with 4 or less wheels, the price is a basic charge of $7 plus 1.5 cents per KG per wheel.For more than 4 wheels the basic charge is adjusted by a factor.The factor is determined as follows:
For 5 or 6 wheels the factor is 1.5 and for 6 wheels,the factor is 2.
If we use a factor of 1 for vechicles with 1 to 4 wheels,the toll payable for any vechicle can be calculated using this formula I formulated. 7 . Factor + 0.015 x AWM (AWM is the average wheel mass and can be calculated by dividing the total mass of the vechicle by the number of wheels).
I want to write event handlers for two buttons on the form.The names of the relevant components are sedWheels,sedMass,lblToll,btnCalculate and btnClear.
Im just not sure how to put this formula a reality within the calculate button.Also im not sure how to clear the edit fields afterwards.
Please if someone can help , i have almost given up.

Thanx
Jade1

Comments

• ManningManning Member Posts: 1,621
    : I cant seem to get this application to become a reality.Maybe someone can help me. I need to write an application for a friend who owns his own Tollgate Enterprise.The tollgate is calculated as follows:
    : For a vehicle with 4 or less wheels, the price is a basic charge of $7 plus 1.5 cents per KG per wheel.For more than 4 wheels the basic charge is adjusted by a factor.The factor is determined as follows:
    : For 5 or 6 wheels the factor is 1.5 and for 6 wheels,the factor is 2.
    : If we use a factor of 1 for vechicles with 1 to 4 wheels,the toll payable for any vechicle can be calculated using this formula I formulated. 7 . Factor + 0.015 x AWM (AWM is the average wheel mass and can be calculated by dividing the total mass of the vechicle by the number of wheels).
    : I want to write event handlers for two buttons on the form.The names of the relevant components are sedWheels,sedMass,lblToll,btnCalculate and btnClear.
    : Im just not sure how to put this formula a reality within the calculate button.Also im not sure how to clear the edit fields afterwards.
    : Please if someone can help , i have almost given up.

This sounds a lot like homework. Instead of trying to cover up the fact by using the old "I have a friend..." excuse you should just come out and say you need help with your school work. Being honest up front is more likely to find a sympathetic person. Lying is only going to insult people.

If im mistaken and you really do have a friend who owns a toll booth, Im sorry. It just sounds like a really bad cover up to me.
  • jade1jade1 Member Posts: 59
    : : I cant seem to get this application to become a reality.Maybe someone can help me. I need to write an application for a friend who owns his own Tollgate Enterprise.The tollgate is calculated as follows:
    : : For a vehicle with 4 or less wheels, the price is a basic charge of $7 plus 1.5 cents per KG per wheel.For more than 4 wheels the basic charge is adjusted by a factor.The factor is determined as follows:
    : : For 5 or 6 wheels the factor is 1.5 and for 6 wheels,the factor is 2.
    : : If we use a factor of 1 for vechicles with 1 to 4 wheels,the toll payable for any vechicle can be calculated using this formula I formulated. 7 . Factor + 0.015 x AWM (AWM is the average wheel mass and can be calculated by dividing the total mass of the vechicle by the number of wheels).
    : : I want to write event handlers for two buttons on the form.The names of the relevant components are sedWheels,sedMass,lblToll,btnCalculate and btnClear.
    : : Im just not sure how to put this formula a reality within the calculate button.Also im not sure how to clear the edit fields afterwards.
    : : Please if someone can help , i have almost given up.
    :
    : This sounds a lot like homework. Instead of trying to cover up the fact by using the old "I have a friend..." excuse you should just come out and say you need help with your school work. Being honest up front is more likely to find a sympathetic person. Lying is only going to insult people.
    :
    : If im mistaken and you really do have a friend who owns a toll booth, Im sorry. It just sounds like a really bad cover up to me.
    :

Well Manning, im sorry you have such a bad attitude towards this.I am no longer a student but I am infact a working person like many of you.I am using this message board to learn as much as I can from it.I like programming and want to broaden my horizons.If you dont know how to approach the question just dont answer it.We are all here to help one another and learn.Knowledge is power ,dont forget that.I want to apply this knowledge to help a friend out and infact gain valuable experience and knowledge from it.I am like many other people still learning the art of programming and seeing as I am not a student the internet and this message board is the only way for me to learn.Like you can see this is quite a complex problem and any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanx
    Jade1

• jade1jade1 Member Posts: 59
    : : : I cant seem to get this application to become a reality.Maybe someone can help me. I need to write an application for a friend who owns his own Tollgate Enterprise.The tollgate is calculated as follows:
    : : : For a vehicle with 4 or less wheels, the price is a basic charge of $7 plus 1.5 cents per KG per wheel.For more than 4 wheels the basic charge is adjusted by a factor.The factor is determined as follows:
    : : : For 5 or 6 wheels the factor is 1.5 and for 6 wheels,the factor is 2.
    : : : If we use a factor of 1 for vechicles with 1 to 4 wheels,the toll payable for any vechicle can be calculated using this formula I formulated. 7 . Factor + 0.015 x AWM (AWM is the average wheel mass and can be calculated by dividing the total mass of the vechicle by the number of wheels).
    : : : I want to write event handlers for two buttons on the form.The names of the relevant components are sedWheels,sedMass,lblToll,btnCalculate and btnClear.
    : : : Im just not sure how to put this formula a reality within the calculate button.Also im not sure how to clear the edit fields afterwards.
    : : : Please if someone can help , i have almost given up.
    : :
    : : This sounds a lot like homework. Instead of trying to cover up the fact by using the old "I have a friend..." excuse you should just come out and say you need help with your school work. Being honest up front is more likely to find a sympathetic person. Lying is only going to insult people.
    : : If im mistaken and you really do have a friend who owns a toll booth, Im sorry. It just sounds like a really bad cover up to me.
    :
    : Well Manning, im sorry you have such a bad attitude towards this.I am no longer a student but I am infact a working person like many of you.I am using this message board to learn as much as I can from it.I like programming and want to broaden my horizons.If you dont know how to approach the question just dont answer it.We are all here to help one another and learn.Knowledge is power ,dont forget that.I want to apply this knowledge to help a friend out and infact gain valuable experience and knowledge from it.I am like many other people still learning the art of programming and seeing as I am not a student the internet and this message board is the only way for me to learn.Like you can see this is quite a complex problem and any advice will be appreciated.
    : Thanx
    : Jade1

Oooh and my friend does not own a toll booth but a toll enterprise.It's in South Africa, Natal to be more specific.I could allways buy books and see if this might not help me in solving this problem , but they are very expensive since all these books are imported and we have a weak exchange rate.Please try and understand that I am not here to insult anybody but I am eager to learn ,thats all.!!!
    Sorry is I have gone on and on about this , but I want to bring my point across.
    Thanx again.
    Your mate
    JADE1
    :
    :