Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Whelp!!!!!!!!!! Binary Database Acces

TFCTFC Member Posts: 1
hi i need some help with a project of mine!

Im programming a database application and created a Binary database but i cant acces it quick enough!

I have already put it in a memorystream (20Mb) but it still isnt fast enaugh!

How knows a really fast way to acces binary files or knows a way to restrucer mij file so it can be accessed faster?

Please help i need it!

Thnx TFC (Damn mij Monitor blacked out! So im hoping this will reach you!)

Comments

• iDaZeiDaZe Member Posts: 464
    : hi i need some help with a project of mine!
    :
    : Im programming a database application and created a Binary database but i cant acces it quick enough!
    :
    : I have already put it in a memorystream (20Mb) but it still isnt fast enaugh!
    :
    : How knows a really fast way to acces binary files or knows a way to restrucer mij file so it can be accessed faster?
    :
    : Please help i need it!
    :
    : Thnx TFC (Damn mij Monitor blacked out! So im hoping this will reach you!)
    :
    :

Are you using an existing database format (Access, DBase, etc ...) or have you designed your own database format and engine ?

If it's the first, then the new ADO components should give you fast enough access, if you use them correctly (If this is what you need, I'll give you some examples).
    If you designed your own, the post the structure of your database and some code for the engine, maybe we can give some pointers :-)

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_ || http://forcoder.org || free video tutorials and ebooks about [ PHP, Objective-C, JavaScript, Go, Python, Swift, Visual Basic, Assembly, Scratch, C#, C, MATLAB, R, Ruby, Java, Visual Basic .NET, Perl, PL/SQL, Delphi, C++ Lua, Rust, D, LabVIEW, Scala, ML, ABAP, VBScript, Logo, FoxPro, F#, Apex, Transact-SQL, Kotlin, Bash, Crystal, Julia, Hack, Ada, Clojure, Prolog, Fortran, COBOL, Scheme, Lisp, Awk, Erlang, SAS, Dart, Alice ] ______________