HELP!!! - RECORDSET

I have just started programming in VB5 and I am trying to write code for adding a record to an access database. My datacontrol is bound to a file with a property name "datLibrary". When I run the program, I am able to scroll forward and backwards throught the table. I then created a command button with the following text: "datLibrary.RecordSet.AddNew".

The problem I'm getting is that when I place a "." (period) after the word RecordSet, I don't get a list of options to add, delete, update or anything for that matter. When I run the program I get the following compile error: Function or interface marked as restricted, or the function uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic.

I asked a friend to try this scenario on his computer and the program ran fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• : I have just started programming in VB5 and I am trying to write code for adding a record to an access database. My datacontrol is bound to a file with a property name "datLibrary". When I run the program, I am able to scroll forward and backwards throught the table. I then created a command button with the following text: "datLibrary.RecordSet.AddNew".

: The problem I'm getting is that when I place a "." (period) after the word RecordSet, I don't get a list of options to add, delete, update or anything for that matter. When I run the program I get the following compile error: Function or interface marked as restricted, or the function uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic.

: I asked a friend to try this scenario on his computer and the program ran fine.

: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi there Paul,

I tried to simulate your problem, but when I typed , which was the name of my control, all of the options came up, such as .

You must ensure that your data control has the (name) property set to . Then once you type in , you should be presented with the options that are provided with the data control.

Also, ensure that the option , located on the tab of the menu selection of the menu, is selected. If this checkbox is not checked, then the members of the control, will not be automatically displayed when you type

I hope that this information helps, Paul. I wish you the best of luck in all of your programming ventures!

Sincerely,

Keenan

Keenan Stewart ([email protected])

Learning Advisor, http://scholars.com

Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center

Novell Authorized Online Training Provider

URL:http://scholars.com