Quite possible a tough question

I was wondering how could you create a font in c++ with Win32 APIs in VisualC++ that is colored (like blue, this is the part I know) but had a black outline(the hard part)? Would you have to modify the font during creation? Is this even possible without using a bitmap font? Is there an API to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by the pingpong at 2002-7-1 5:58:50[/red][/b][hr]
    You cant do that with just a font, but here's an idea.

1. Create the font you want (normal font).
    2. Select it into an HDC.
    3. Call the BeginPath API.
    4. Call TextOut or ExtTextOut (all other text drawing function dont work). Of course, since you started a path, nothing gets drawn on the DC.
    5. Call EndPath
    6. Select the pen and brush you want (blue brush, black pen).
    7. Call StrokeAndFillPath.
    8. Call AbortPath.

: I was wondering how could you create a font in c++ with Win32 APIs in VisualC++ that is colored (like blue, this is the part I know) but had a black outline(the hard part)? Would you have to modify the font during creation? Is this even possible without using a bitmap font? Is there an API to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    :