Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Where Can I Learn Basic Programming?

str8_ballin88str8_ballin88 Member Posts: 6
Hi! My name is Corey and I was wondering if anybody could direct me to a place where I could learn basic programming?

Comments

• billywm664billywm664 Member Posts: 176
    : Hi! My name is Corey and I was wondering if anybody could direct me to a place where I could learn basic programming?
    :

1) Get a book; BASIC hasn't changed all that much in 30 or so years, so an old book from your local library will do fine.

2) There's a number of resources on the internet. This site has quite a few; a good start

Most important, practice alot - even if it's pointless little programs, doesn't matter, you'll learn alot quicker by constant practice.
  • SkavenSkaven Member Posts: 8
    : : Hi! My name is Corey and I was wondering if anybody could direct me to a place where I could learn basic programming?
    : :
    :
    : 1) Get a book; BASIC hasn't changed all that much in 30 or so years, so an old book from your local library will do fine.
    :
    : 2) There's a number of resources on the internet. This site has quite a few; a good start
    :
    : Most important, practice alot - even if it's pointless little programs, doesn't matter, you'll learn alot quicker by constant practice.
    :

I have a CD-ROM from The Learning Company called 'The Basic Guide To Programming' which covers BASIC, C and JAVA.

I don't know where you can get it from but i thought it might help.

• glyn@ethos.tv[email protected] Member Posts: 4
    Visit the site www.ethosbasic.com, its a free BASIC language with a complete tutorial, user manual, and best of all a support site with an active user community (files, documents, messages, chat etc).