Trouble Reformating

I just installed a new hard drive to repalce my old one. I fdisked the new drive and its set to active. Im getting the error "Invalid Media Type Reading Drive C" whenever i try to touch the c drive. I know this is a common occurence since i Fdisked it but have not formatted it yet. But when i go to format it from the A:> prompt by sayin A:>Format c: im getting the exact same error. Its a windows 98 system disk. Any ideas? Ive been hearing that the problem is just that it hasnt been formatted but if i cant format it for the same reason then im kinda screwed...

Comments

• : I just installed a new hard drive to repalce my old one. I fdisked the new drive and its set to active. Im getting the error "Invalid Media Type Reading Drive C" whenever i try to touch the c drive. I know this is a common occurence since i Fdisked it but have not formatted it yet. But when i go to format it from the A:> prompt by sayin A:>Format c: im getting the exact same error. Its a windows 98 system disk. Any ideas? Ive been hearing that the problem is just that it hasnt been formatted but if i cant format it for the same reason then im kinda screwed...
    :

Check the partition type with FDISK. If it is correct the "format" command would be succefull.
    If it not work, try to low level format the disk from your "bios setup", then Fdisk it and then use the "FORMAT C:" command.

Javier Marin