Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Compiler

Do I need a compiler to do visual basic programming. If so, do you know a place where I can download a visual basic compiler on a trial basis?

Thank you.

Comments

• : Do I need a compiler to do visual basic programming. If so, do you know a place where I can download a visual basic compiler on a trial basis?

: Thank you.

Not exactly, you need a full development environment that allows you to develop in VB. You can then run your code straight within th VB envrionment, but if you want to run your code independantly of the development environment then you need to compile it. This compile facility is part of the development environment.

With regard to getting a demo copy, I can't help you there as it depends on your geographical location. Check the web for a VB interest group located near you and contact them directly.

• Actually, not all versions of VB are capable of compiling. I have a copy of VB2 Premiere Edition and it can't compile (it also only allows one form per project, but that's not the subject).

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_________ \ http://forcoder.org \ free ebooks and video tutorials about // Java, Objective-C, C#, Scratch, Ruby, MATLAB, Visual Basic, C, Visual Basic .NET, Python, C++, Delphi, R, PL/SQL, Swift, Assembly, Go, Perl, PHP, JavaScript Bash, Awk, Transact-SQL, ABAP, ML, Hack, F#, Lua, Ada, Logo, Lisp, SAS, Kotlin, Rust, FoxPro, Scheme, Julia, LabVIEW, D, COBOL, VBScript, Dart, Erlang, Clojure, Apex, Prolog, Fortran, Crystal, Alice, Scala // ___________