Understanding Nucleus RTOS Concepts

Hi ...
Is there anybody who could share some basic principles of Nucleus programming .... a simple project implementation.... programming techiniques... Boot file ... interrupt handling....etc... I have the manuals ... but ur help will be of great deal...

Thanks
San

Comments

• : Hi ...
    : Is there anybody who could share some basic principles of Nucleus programming .... a simple project implementation.... programming techiniques... Boot file ... interrupt handling....etc... I have the manuals ... but ur help will be of great deal...
    :
    : Thanks
    : San
    :

I have used Nucleus for a number of years and may be able to help. Can you let me know what exactly your having trouble with. The examples in the Reference manual are a good starting point though.

Nick
  • : : Hi ...
    : : Is there anybody who could share some basic principles of Nucleus programming .... a simple project implementation.... programming techiniques... Boot file ... interrupt handling....etc... I have the manuals ... but ur help will be of great deal...
    : :
    : : Thanks
    : : San
    :
    : I have used Nucleus for a number of years and may be able to help. Can you let me know what exactly your having trouble with. The examples in the Reference manual are a good starting point though.
    :
    : Nick
    :

Hi Nick
    Thats great...Let me put where I am In Nucleus... I am just a beginner ( with Zero practical implementation). pretty strong in RTOS concepts.. strong enough on POSIX Coz i work on SOlaris and Linux ...

I need your help for setting up an environment to work on Nucleus. I have the software.. I installed it. It asks for a compiler, and when I looked into the net DIAB C/C++ compiler was the solution (Pretty Xpensive for a individual to buy it). What is your advise on that (Can any GNU compiler be used? if not i need to wait to catch up the DIAB one from somewhere...probably a day or two).

I also need to know the IDE that can be used . how do i setup a IDE for development ( Is there any Open GNU or Not much Xpensive one... Which one are you using... WHich one is preferred ? )... I am stuck here and couldnt go ahead.... I can try some programs and get some confidence if this part is cleared...

Your sugesstions and advise would be of great help.
    Thanks
    Sanjeev

• You may useing gcc-68k / diab / SDS compiler etc.
    The IDE ... I think the SDS is not bad.

By the way, witch edition of nucleus ?

: : : Hi ...
    : : : Is there anybody who could share some basic principles of Nucleus programming .... a simple project implementation.... programming techiniques... Boot file ... interrupt handling....etc... I have the manuals ... but ur help will be of great deal...
    : : :
    : : : Thanks
    : : : San
    : : :
    : : I have used Nucleus for a number of years and may be able to help. Can you let me know what exactly your having trouble with. The examples in the Reference manual are a good starting point though.
    : : Nick
    :
    :
    :
    : Hi Nick
    : Thats great...Let me put where I am In Nucleus... I am just a beginner ( with Zero practical implementation). pretty strong in RTOS concepts.. strong enough on POSIX Coz i work on SOlaris and Linux ...
    :
    : I need your help for setting up an environment to work on Nucleus. I have the software.. I installed it. It asks for a compiler, and when I looked into the net DIAB C/C++ compiler was the solution (Pretty Xpensive for a individual to buy it). What is your advise on that (Can any GNU compiler be used? if not i need to wait to catch up the DIAB one from somewhere...probably a day or two).
    :
    : I also need to know the IDE that can be used . how do i setup a IDE for development ( Is there any Open GNU or Not much Xpensive one... Which one are you using... WHich one is preferred ? )... I am stuck here and couldnt go ahead.... I can try some programs and get some confidence if this part is cleared...
    :
    : Your sugesstions and advise would be of great help.
    : Thanks
    : Sanjeev
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :