VB6 - Application Set up wizard--- where is it ?

I installed VB6 as part of Visual Studio (Enterprise Edition) but this didn't install a SETUP Wizard, and I can't see it on the CD... anybody know where it is ? When I installed VB98 (VB6) it just created a VB6 icon which points at the VB EXE but nothing for SET UP wizard.... It's a bit embarrassing to be asking a question like this but ....

Comments

• Justin,

Don't feel bad, I went through the same thing. I ended up asking the same thing you are now.

What you need to do, (atleast what I had to do) was go to the Add-Ins menu and if the Package and Deployment wizard is not there, then click on Add in manager.

When the next window opens, find and select the Package and Deployment wizard. Then down at the bottom right is the Load behavior where you select for it to load on startup. Check the first 2 if you want it to load on startup.

I hope that is your problem.

Albert

• : Justin,

: Don't feel bad, I went through the same thing. I ended up asking the same thing you are now.

: What you need to do, (atleast what I had to do) was go to the Add-Ins menu and if the Package and Deployment wizard is not there, then click on Add in manager.

: When the next window opens, find and select the Package and Deployment wizard. Then down at the bottom right is the Load behavior where you select for it to load on startup. Check the first 2 if you want it to load on startup.

: I hope that is your problem.

: Albert

Thanks very much Albert. That's exactly what I was looking for... I needed it quickly as I am under a bit of time pressure... Thanks again !

Justin