Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

windows API

dudeapcdudeapc Member Posts: 12
I need some tutorials on programming in the windows API i dont want the one called something like Making Windows Applications in C it is too f**king confusing, yes i know c but the dude is f**king confusing how the h*ll does he expect somebod new the the windows api to just know where to put the code snippets he gives you in his tutorial, lazy @ss b*stard

I am the evil face in your dreams.
I am the one who fills you with despair.
I am 666.

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : I need some tutorials on programming in the windows API i dont want the one called something like Making Windows Applications in C it is too f**king confusing, yes i know c but the dude is f**king confusing how the h*ll does he expect somebod new the the windows api to just know where to put the code snippets he gives you in his tutorial, lazy @ss b*stard
    :
    :
    :
    : I am the evil face in your dreams.
    : I am the one who fills you with despair.
    : I am 666.
    :
    [blue]If you talking about Petzold - he's the best there is to start with. If you have any problems with his code samples - post here a question. Also, if I am not mistaken - he has a whole files published in a book - not the snippets.[/blue]
  • catmandoocatmandoo Member Posts: 25
    : : I need some tutorials on programming in the windows API i dont want the one called something like Making Windows Applications in C it is too f**king confusing, yes i know c but the dude is f**king confusing how the h*ll does he expect somebod new the the windows api to just know where to put the code snippets he gives you in his tutorial, lazy @ss b*stard
    : :
    : : I am the evil face in your dreams.
    : : I am the one who fills you with despair.
    : : I am 666.
    : [blue]If you talking about Petzold - he's the best there is to start with. If you have any problems with his code samples - post here a question. Also, if I am not mistaken - he has a whole files published in a book - not the snippets.[/blue]
    :

I TOTALY AGREE !

Many programmers start to learn a new language and where do they go to look for help, ay, in the HELP FILES !!!
    In the help files they tell you what to do but you find yourself spending hours just trying to do a simple thing.
    Also just as you said there are no code snippets or examples.
    Ive just started learning C++ Builder and i have the same problem as many of you out there do but nobody seams to say anything !!! Why !!!

The examples and the help files should be there to help you, not to have you going round in f**king circles.
    By the time ive learnt how print my variable on the screen ive had 3 cups of coffee, had my Sunday lunch, been to the toilet and even had time to wipe my arse.

At the end of the day the coders of applications, like who we all are, must keep in mind just a few minor points.
    Who are you writing the code for, ay, ay, ay !
    If its for yourself then OK, you know the ins & outs of your code and what comes up on the screen and you understand what it does so thats OK.
    When you give this code snippet for someone else he is cluesless as to what it does because on you understand it.

Coders seem to forget who they are writing the code for in the first place. They should be writing the code for WHO, yes , yes yourve got it the USER............ill say it again.......THE USER.
    With no swear words.
    Spending hours trying to do a simple thing is not only, frustrating, but more so a waste of valuable coding time.
    Most of us have prior knowledge of some sort of programming, but when trying to learn a new language, API, Win32 ect or even C++ there are so many barriers that lay ahead.
    Thats why a site like this is so helpful to the beginer or the expert.

So to all you coders out there.
    Please, please have some consideration for the USER !!!

WE MAY NOT BE AS KNOWLEDGEABLE AS YOU !!!

Catmandoo.
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : : : I need some tutorials on programming in the windows API i dont want the one called something like Making Windows Applications in C it is too f**king confusing, yes i know c but the dude is f**king confusing how the h*ll does he expect somebod new the the windows api to just know where to put the code snippets he gives you in his tutorial, lazy @ss b*stard
    : : :
    : : : I am the evil face in your dreams.
    : : : I am the one who fills you with despair.
    : : : I am 666.
    : : [blue]If you talking about Petzold - he's the best there is to start with. If you have any problems with his code samples - post here a question. Also, if I am not mistaken - he has a whole files published in a book - not the snippets.[/blue]
    :
    :
    :
    : *******
    : I TOTALY AGREE !
    :
    : Many programmers start to learn a new language and where do they go to look for help, ay, in the HELP FILES !!!
    : In the help files they tell you what to do but you find yourself spending hours just trying to do a simple thing.
    : Also just as you said there are no code snippets or examples.
    : Ive just started learning C++ Builder and i have the same problem as many of you out there do but nobody seams to say anything !!! Why !!!
    :
    : The examples and the help files should be there to help you, not to have you going round in f**king circles.
    : By the time ive learnt how print my variable on the screen ive had 3 cups of coffee, had my Sunday lunch, been to the toilet and even had time to wipe my arse.
    :
    : At the end of the day the coders of applications, like who we all are, must keep in mind just a few minor points.
    : Who are you writing the code for, ay, ay, ay !
    : If its for yourself then OK, you know the ins & outs of your code and what comes up on the screen and you understand what it does so thats OK.
    : When you give this code snippet for someone else he is cluesless as to what it does because on you understand it.
    :
    : Coders seem to forget who they are writing the code for in the first place. They should be writing the code for WHO, yes , yes yourve got it the USER............ill say it again.......THE USER.
    : With no swear words.
    : Spending hours trying to do a simple thing is not only, frustrating, but more so a waste of valuable coding time.
    : Most of us have prior knowledge of some sort of programming, but when trying to learn a new language, API, Win32 ect or even C++ there are so many barriers that lay ahead.
    : Thats why a site like this is so helpful to the beginer or the expert.
    :
    : So to all you coders out there.
    : Please, please have some consideration for the USER !!!
    :
    : WE MAY NOT BE AS KNOWLEDGEABLE AS YOU !!!
    :
    : Catmandoo.
    :
    [blue]No offense, but if you are the USER, and not a CODER you are not supposed to go into any code at all - you supposed to use the product. Besides, no product is sold with a full source code.

So, again, are you a USER or a CODER?[/blue]
  • hotsummerhotsummer Member Posts: 70
    I think he means the user of the code (the client programmer).
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

________ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about [ Ruby JavaScript C Scratch Java Visual Basic Objective-C R C++ Assembly PL/SQL PHP Go Swift Visual Basic .NET Python Perl Delphi MATLAB C# ML ABAP Prolog F# Clojure Kotlin D Logo VBScript Lua Scala Julia Transact-SQL Hack Alice Erlang Ada Crystal LabVIEW Rust Apex SAS COBOL FoxPro Dart Awk Bash Lisp Fortran Scheme ] ______