Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

VB.Net vs VB6 questions

Hi

I am considering buying the Visual Studio .Net upgrade and I wonder if there is anyone out there who has had some experience with VB.Net.
How good is the data binding with VB.Net? I always struggled with data controls and their respective bound controls. In VB6 I prefer to write all database reads and writes manually, that way I have more control.
How flexible if the data binding and how fast is it? I mean does data binding slow down your applications. In general how does the performance of VB.Net compare with that of VB6? Can VB.Net use any OLE DB provider or only the official ones? How good is the Crystal Reports that come with VB.Net Prof? Can the report call a stored procedure? Can the Crystal Reports that come with VB.Net use any OLEDB provider?
What is different about ODBC.Net compared to regular ODBC?

Thank You

Heine Ferreira

Comments

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

______ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about / PL/SQL PHP Swift Delphi Scratch C++ Go JavaScript MATLAB R Objective-C Visual Basic C# C Python Java Perl Visual Basic .NET Ruby Assembly ML Crystal VBScript Prolog Bash FoxPro Julia F# Alice ABAP Apex COBOL LabVIEW Scheme Dart D Clojure Hack Scala Logo Erlang Fortran Awk SAS Kotlin Ada Lisp Rust Lua Transact-SQL / __