Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Signals,IPC and Sockets

nav999nav999 Member Posts: 28
Hi All,
Iam new to Linux programming.
I know some basics of Linux , Kernel and C Programming.
I just went through Signals, IPC and sockets through Unix Network programming by Steven's Book.
Lot of information is given there but the explaination is very less.
What I want is to use all those commands and practice them.
Can any of you help me in getting more examples, assignments and information regarding these things. I found lot of good things in Programmers heaven itself , still more I want ......
Expecting a quick response from you
Nav

Comments

• kunduanilkunduanil Member Posts: 1
    [b][red]This message was edited by kunduanil at 2002-9-2 8:12:9[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi All,
    : Iam new to Linux programming.
    : I know some basics of Linux , Kernel and C Programming.
    : I just went through Signals, IPC and sockets through Unix Network programming by Steven's Book.
    : Lot of information is given there but the explaination is very less.
    : What I want is to use all those commands and practice them.
    : Can any of you help me in getting more examples, assignments and information regarding these things. I found lot of good things in Programmers heaven itself , still more I want ......
    : Expecting a quick response from you
    : Nav
    :
    :

Hi Nav
    Good to know that u want to work on these things. but first of all u got to know difference between commands and system calls. These all things all system call and we can use them in our programs. I think you should read Network Programming by Stevens.. its very good book and gives a indepth knowledge about these things.

I think u can refer to this book.
    If has still any problem contact again

• nav999nav999 Member Posts: 28
    : [b][red]This message was edited by kunduanil at 2002-9-2 8:12:9[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi All,
    : : Iam new to Linux programming.
    : : I know some basics of Linux , Kernel and C Programming.
    : : I just went through Signals, IPC and sockets through Unix Network programming by Steven's Book.
    : : Lot of information is given there but the explaination is very less.
    : : What I want is to use all those commands and practice them.
    : : Can any of you help me in getting more examples, assignments and information regarding these things. I found lot of good things in Programmers heaven itself , still more I want ......
    : : Expecting a quick response from you
    : : Nav
    : :
    : :
    :
    : Hi Nav
    : Good to know that u want to work on these things. but first of all u got to know difference between commands and system calls. These all things all system call and we can use them in our programs. I think you should read Network Programming by Stevens.. its very good book and gives a indepth knowledge about these things.
    :
    : I think u can refer to this book.
    : If has still any problem contact again
    :
    :
    :

Hi kunduanil
    Thanks for your reply.
    Iam reading this book from past one week.
    I found lot of new things had been added to Linux comapred to Unix (still the Basics remains same : ))).
    What I wanted is some more details other than that book, like more assignments and solved problems things....
    Thanks for your reply
    Nav

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

____ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about { PHP, R, Go, Objective-C, JavaScript, Delphi, Python, Java, C, PL/SQL, Swift, C#, C++, MATLAB, Visual Basic .NET, Visual Basic, Ruby, Scratch, Assembly, Perl Fortran, Hack, Apex, SAS, FoxPro, Rust, Alice, Erlang, Clojure, Scala, Ada, Dart, LabVIEW, Julia, Bash, COBOL, Crystal, Lua, ABAP, Lisp, Transact-SQL, Kotlin, Scheme, VBScript, ML, Logo, Prolog, F#, Awk, D } ____________