Getting registry information using JavaScript

Hi friends,

I'm interested to get the details from the system registry like Username, Processor type etc. I'd like to know any site or links good for easy reference of Javascript registry details....

from kalyan

Comments

• : Hi friends,
    :
    : I'm interested to get the details from the system registry like Username, Processor type etc. I'd like to know any site or links good for easy reference of Javascript registry details....
    :
    : from kalyan
    :

Hi Kalyan,

I honestly don't believe that this is possible as it exceeds JavaScript's security confines!

Sorry
    Bradley q:)

PS. I may be wrong!
  • : I'm interested to get the details from the system registry like
    : Username, Processor type etc. I'd like to know any site or links good
    : for easy reference of Javascript registry details....

Javascript doesn't allow that information to be accessed from an untrusted script. Your only real option would be if you used Internet Explorer's HTML Application interface. It would ask the user if they would like to Save or Open... they click Open, and it runs in a trusted manner.

The browser itself exposes certain parts of the users' computer to the javascript Object Model. You can generally determine the Operating System, Browser, etc etc by using the navigator object...

navigator.appVersion

etc etc