highlighting table row

i have created a table with rows alternately colored and each row containing a radio button.my question when i select a particular radio button that specific row should be colored differently.i can select any number of radio buttons and what ever buttons i have selected, that rows should be highlighted.when the radio button is deselected the row should regain its original bgcolor. ( remember that rows are alternately colored ).if anyone could give me an answer to this i will be thankful
aravind

Comments

• I think there is a way to do this, though I haven't tried it yet. When the user clicks on the radio button, run a JavaScript function that does the following:

1. Sets ALL the cells in the table to have the default background colour. I think you can do this with:
    document.formname.tablename.rowname.cellname.bgcolor = color;

2. Pass a number to the function that indicates which row was selected. Based on this, use a switch() to change the background colour of that one row.

I hope this helps.