URGENT MESSAGE ABOUT DELPHI7

Hi,

I got the new Delphi 7 and installed it and everything seemed to be OK. But when I try to compile my project, the IDE displays this message:
[code]
[Fatal Error] Project1.dpr (1): Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (DCU, DPU)
[/code]

What's wrong? All the library directries are correct, even wrong ones don't change anything. I tried to compile it manually with DCC32.exe but it gives "Unit not found" for the first unit used by my project. I used all the command-line options that Delphi sends for the compiler. Please reply to this message ASAP.
[hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I got the new Delphi 7 and installed it and everything seemed to be OK. But when I try to compile my project, the IDE displays this message:
    : [code]
    : [Fatal Error] Project1.dpr (1): Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (DCU, DPU)
    : [/code]
    :
    : What's wrong? All the library directries are correct, even wrong ones don't change anything. I tried to compile it manually with DCC32.exe but it gives "Unit not found" for the first unit used by my project. I used all the command-line options that Delphi sends for the compiler. Please reply to this message ASAP.
    : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :
    It looks like an error in the VCL70.dcp (or something like that; I use D5 which is VCL50.dcp). You could see if you can find the file on your harddisk (i.e. system.*). Otherwise you should mail to inprise about this problem and perhaps they have a patch for the vcl library.
  • : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I got the new Delphi 7 and installed it and everything seemed to be OK. But when I try to compile my project, the IDE displays this message:
    : : [code]
    : : [Fatal Error] Project1.dpr (1): Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (DCU, DPU)
    : : [/code]
    : : What's wrong? All the library directries are correct, even wrong ones don't change anything. I tried to compile it manually with DCC32.exe but it gives "Unit not found" for the first unit used by my project. I used all the command-line options that Delphi sends for the compiler. Please reply to this message ASAP.
    : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : It looks like an error in the VCL70.dcp (or something like that; I use D5 which is VCL50.dcp). You could see if you can find the file on your harddisk (i.e. system.*). Otherwise you should mail to inprise about this problem and perhaps they have a patch for the vcl library.
    :

I have the System.dcu in Lib and System.pas in SourceVCLSystem or smth., I dont have Delphi at my hand right now. Maybe relacing the VCL70.dcp with D6's VCL60.dcp. I haven't been able to contact Borlad (or Inprise) cause I haven't been able to find their e-mail address for requests or smth. like that. If you have it, please give it to me. I really like the design of D7 but if I can't work with it, it's no use.

And another question: does anyone have or had this problem too with Delphi7 or some other ver.?
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

• : : : Hi,
    : : :
    : : : I got the new Delphi 7 and installed it and everything seemed to be OK. But when I try to compile my project, the IDE displays this message:
    : : : [code]
    : : : [Fatal Error] Project1.dpr (1): Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (DCU, DPU)
    : : : [/code]
    : : : What's wrong? All the library directries are correct, even wrong ones don't change anything. I tried to compile it manually with DCC32.exe but it gives "Unit not found" for the first unit used by my project. I used all the command-line options that Delphi sends for the compiler. Please reply to this message ASAP.
    : : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : : It looks like an error in the VCL70.dcp (or something like that; I use D5 which is VCL50.dcp). You could see if you can find the file on your harddisk (i.e. system.*). Otherwise you should mail to inprise about this problem and perhaps they have a patch for the vcl library.
    :
    : I have the System.dcu in Lib and System.pas in SourceVCLSystem or smth., I dont have Delphi at my hand right now. Maybe relacing the VCL70.dcp with D6's VCL60.dcp. I haven't been able to contact Borlad (or Inprise) cause I haven't been able to find their e-mail address for requests or smth. like that. If you have it, please give it to me. I really like the design of D7 but if I can't work with it, it's no use.
    :
    : And another question: does anyone have or had this problem too with Delphi7 or some other ver.?
    : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :
    :
    I wouldn't replace VCL70.dcp with VCL60.dcp, because it could lead to compilcations with the IDE. I would suggest the following:
    - Try to compile your program with the "Use Debug DCUs" turned on (See Compiler tab in Project Options).
    - Make sure the system.dcu is in the "Search Path" (again Project Options).

As for contacting borland, see their site http://www.borland.com/company/contact/index.html. There are serval possible e-mail address there, which are of interest.
  • : : : : Hi,
    : : : :
    : : : : I got the new Delphi 7 and installed it and everything seemed to be OK. But when I try to compile my project, the IDE displays this message:
    : : : : [code]
    : : : : [Fatal Error] Project1.dpr (1): Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (DCU, DPU)
    : : : : [/code]
    : : : : What's wrong? All the library directries are correct, even wrong ones don't change anything. I tried to compile it manually with DCC32.exe but it gives "Unit not found" for the first unit used by my project. I used all the command-line options that Delphi sends for the compiler. Please reply to this message ASAP.
    : : : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : : : It looks like an error in the VCL70.dcp (or something like that; I use D5 which is VCL50.dcp). You could see if you can find the file on your harddisk (i.e. system.*). Otherwise you should mail to inprise about this problem and perhaps they have a patch for the vcl library.
    : : I have the System.dcu in Lib and System.pas in SourceVCLSystem or smth., I dont have Delphi at my hand right now. Maybe relacing the VCL70.dcp with D6's VCL60.dcp. I haven't been able to contact Borlad (or Inprise) cause I haven't been able to find their e-mail address for requests or smth. like that. If you have it, please give it to me. I really like the design of D7 but if I can't work with it, it's no use.
    : : And another question: does anyone have or had this problem too with Delphi7 or some other ver.?
    : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : I wouldn't replace VCL70.dcp with VCL60.dcp, because it could lead to compilcations with the IDE. I would suggest the following:
    : - Try to compile your program with the "Use Debug DCUs" turned on (See Compiler tab in Project Options).
    : - Make sure the system.dcu is in the "Search Path" (again Project Options).
    :
    : As for contacting borland, see their site http://www.borland.com/company/contact/index.html. There are serval possible e-mail address there, which are of interest.
    :

I tried the Borland Customer Support but no help. They gave me some URL's that I already know and a phone number, which I can't call cause my country uses different number format. To call outside Estonia of we use 0 + dest. country code + dest. country's area code + dest. phone number. I can't figure out how I should format this phone number: 1-800-523-7070

And also there's no customer service or any other office in our country and I'm not willing to travel to different country for that - I'm only 15.

Damn thing, I only wish if somebody could send me that file and I could perform a binary comparing or smth. to see what's wrong. I've tried to change all the directories in Delphi but no change. No matter how my project starts - even with comment - it displays the error message on the first line.

:-(

• : Hi,
    :
    : I got the new Delphi 7 and installed it and everything seemed to be OK. But when I try to compile my project, the IDE displays this message:
    : [code]
    : [Fatal Error] Project1.dpr (1): Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (DCU, DPU)
    : [/code]
    :
    : What's wrong? All the library directries are correct, even wrong ones don't change anything. I tried to compile it manually with DCC32.exe but it gives "Unit not found" for the first unit used by my project. I used all the command-line options that Delphi sends for the compiler. Please reply to this message ASAP.
    :

Perhaps you could exhange it where ever you bought it? It sounds like your CD was corrupted. Or, have you tried re-installing?
  • : : Hi,
    : : I got the new Delphi 7 and installed it and everything seemed to be OK. But when I try to compile my project, the IDE displays this message:
    : : [code]
    : : [Fatal Error] Project1.dpr (1): Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (DCU, DPU)
    : : [/code]
    : : What's wrong? All the library directries are correct, even wrong ones don't change anything. I tried to compile it manually with DCC32.exe but it gives "Unit not found" for the first unit used by my project. I used all the command-line options that Delphi sends for the compiler. Please reply to this message ASAP.
    :
    : Perhaps you could exhange it where ever you bought it? It sounds like your CD was corrupted. Or, have you tried re-installing?
    :

Yeah, I reinstalled it twice, triple and more than five times. Finally my HD got so fragmented that I left that alone. I got the CD from my friend. He wanted to study programming and gave me D7 because I helped him. Somehow D6 can't find D7 files too, even if I copy them to D6's dirs. I got WinXP.pas working when I manually compiled it with DCC32.exe. Do you have D7?