Need some major VB.Net help

I have this project to do in my VB.net class
The project is write a vb.net program that makes reservations for a hotel storing the reservations in a Orcale 8 database

Database schema
Table Guests(GuestID,Fname,Lname,Address,City,State,Zip,
Phone,CC)
Table
Reservations(ConfirmationNo,HotelID,GuestID,ArivalDate,
DeparteDate,CC)
There is a sequence for GuestID(GuestNo_sequence and ConfirmationNO_sequence)

My problem is HOW DO I have VB.Net connect to the oracle database, how do I add records to the database, and how to I check to see if a guest is already in the database?(I do know SQL, i just don't know how to do it from VB.net)

I have a VB form with text boxes for all the guest info and for the ArrivalDate and DepatureDate. I have a command button to save the info to the database(no code yet) a cancel button and a button to search to see if the guest is a repeat guest(no code yet)

Please help!! We have only 2 days to work on this(no .Net at home) and our teacher never clearly went over this stuff.

If anymore info is needed let me know.

Comments

• : I have this project to do in my VB.net class
    : The project is write a vb.net program that makes reservations for a hotel storing the reservations in a Orcale 8 database
    :
    : Database schema
    : Table Guests(GuestID,Fname,Lname,Address,City,State,Zip,
    : Phone,CC)
    : Table
    : Reservations(ConfirmationNo,HotelID,GuestID,ArivalDate,
    : DeparteDate,CC)
    : There is a sequence for GuestID(GuestNo_sequence and ConfirmationNO_sequence)
    :
    :
    : My problem is HOW DO I have VB.Net connect to the oracle database, how do I add records to the database, and how to I check to see if a guest is already in the database?(I do know SQL, i just don't know how to do it from VB.net)
    :
    : I have a VB form with text boxes for all the guest info and for the ArrivalDate and DepatureDate. I have a command button to save the info to the database(no code yet) a cancel button and a button to search to see if the guest is a repeat guest(no code yet)
    :
    : Please help!! We have only 2 days to work on this(no .Net at home) and our teacher never clearly went over this stuff.
    :
    : If anymore info is needed let me know.
    :
    :

• : I have this project to do in my VB.net class
    : The project is write a vb.net program that makes reservations for a hotel storing the reservations in a Orcale 8 database
    :
    : Database schema
    : Table Guests(GuestID,Fname,Lname,Address,City,State,Zip,
    : Phone,CC)
    : Table
    : Reservations(ConfirmationNo,HotelID,GuestID,ArivalDate,
    : DeparteDate,CC)
    : There is a sequence for GuestID(GuestNo_sequence and ConfirmationNO_sequence)
    :
    :
    : My problem is HOW DO I have VB.Net connect to the oracle database, how do I add records to the database, and how to I check to see if a guest is already in the database?(I do know SQL, i just don't know how to do it from VB.net)
    :
    : I have a VB form with text boxes for all the guest info and for the ArrivalDate and DepatureDate. I have a command button to save the info to the database(no code yet) a cancel button and a button to search to see if the guest is a repeat guest(no code yet)
    :
    : Please help!! We have only 2 days to work on this(no .Net at home) and our teacher never clearly went over this stuff.
    :
    : If anymore info is needed let me know.
    :
    :
    Sup Yoshi,
    I think if you were to open the toolbox and click the Data Tab and drag that OleDbDataAdapter control and drop it in your form, a wizard will pop up and then you choose the connection. Hope that helps you out man....Laterz