Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

new Perl programmer seeks advice on available windows98 IDE

pnmarti2pnmarti2 Member Posts: 1
I am a new Perl programmer who wishes to develop utilities on a
windows98 system through some kind of Integrated Development Environment
offered on that platform. I am aware of one IDE offered by Activestate and one called Perl Builder by solutionsoft perhaps there are others?

Are there any Perl developers on this list who have some good and
bad things to say on whats offered out there? ie preferances, and
"bang for the buck" comments?

many thanks for a reply

- Pete

Comments

• StefanoStefano Member Posts: 18
    Ciao Pete, I don't know the particular features of all IDE's you can find all over the net. I just have Komodo (that from activestate) and I can tell you don't need any more, believe me. Further details on komodo if you message privately to me (there is a "newbie" perl list on this site, I guess more detailed and programming-oriented question are supposed to be posted here) or, obviously, on Activestate ("products").
    HTH,
    Stefano

: I am a new Perl programmer who wishes to develop utilities on a
    : windows98 system through some kind of Integrated Development Environment
    : offered on that platform. I am aware of one IDE offered by Activestate and one called Perl Builder by solutionsoft perhaps there are others?
    :
    : Are there any Perl developers on this list who have some good and
    : bad things to say on whats offered out there? ie preferances, and
    : "bang for the buck" comments?
    :
    : many thanks for a reply
    :
    : - Pete
    :

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

______ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about \ C#, Perl, C++, MATLAB, Python, Ruby, R, PHP, Scratch, C, Objective-C, JavaScript, Java, Go, Swift, Delphi, Visual Basic, Assembly, Visual Basic .NET, PL/SQL Lua, ML, Fortran, Alice, SAS, Kotlin, Erlang, F#, Lisp, Crystal, Julia, D, Logo, ABAP, Rust, Scheme, VBScript, Ada, Apex, FoxPro, Prolog, COBOL, Hack, Transact-SQL, Dart, Scala, Bash, Clojure, LabVIEW, Awk \ _____________