Problem in installing RedHat 8.0....prob with my LG studioworks 700S

I can't install RedHat 8.0 the problem is with my monitor it is not detecting my monitor..it is saying tht some unknown device mine is LG 17'' 700S . Tell me what i want to do for it ....plzzzzzzzzz

reply soon...

Comments

• : I can't install RedHat 8.0 the problem is with my monitor it is not detecting my monitor..it is saying tht some unknown device mine is LG 17'' 700S . Tell me what i want to do for it ....plzzzzzzzzz
    :
    : reply soon...
    :
    Set it up as a generic monitor instead.

X
  • thanx for ur reply and the thing is i cant install it in graphics mode..it is detecting my monitor as an unknown device and i am not able to see anything in the screen there after...so what can i do now...?

rakki,,,,,
  • : thanx for ur reply and the thing is i cant install it in graphics mode..it is detecting my monitor as an unknown device and i am not able to see anything in the screen there after...so what can i do now...?
    :
    : rakki,,,,,

what you can do is to not configure x in the installation programm, but configure it manually later (will give you some expirience aswell:) by typing theese two commands
    'su -'
    and
    'xf86config'

Only thing you need to know is the horizontal and vertical sync rate og your monitor.

Good luck :)

• thanx for ur reply and i installed it in text mode and then tried those commands but they are not working....i donno why?it is booting well and i am not able to see anything after sometime after the complete conf of all devices...

do reply

rakki.