Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Database connection with Data Adapter Configuration Wizard - HELP

GoghUAGoghUA Member Posts: 2
I am having a problem on a project that I am working on.
I am using C# to connect to a Access database that is running through MSDE.

I can set up a sqlDataApadter with no problem. It allows me to access the data. BUT the update command will not work. Here is the problem...
[code]http://students.cs.ua.edu/mdean/error.jpg[/code]
Follow the link to see a screenshot of my error.

Why can this not generate the Update command? I cannot find anything I am doing wrong. It is very critical that this work for my project.

PLEASE HELP - and thanks in advance for your help!

Later,
Matt

Comments

• pheyzepheyze Member Posts: 1
    You need to set primary keys on your database tables... otherwise the Update and Delete statements cannot do their job... At least using VS.NET (I assume so, because I have had the exact same error message before!)...

pheyze
  • GoghUAGoghUA Member Posts: 2
    : You need to set primary keys on your database tables... otherwise the Update and Delete statements cannot do their job... At least using VS.NET (I assume so, because I have had the exact same error message before!)...
    :
    : pheyze
    :
    That is my problem... I have primary keys set on the database, and it still doesn't work. I think it has something to do with MSDE, when it imports that data, it doesn't seem to identify the primary key.

Matt
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_______ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about / PHP PL/SQL Python R Visual Basic .NET Visual Basic C# C++ Go Ruby Java Perl Swift Assembly Objective-C Delphi Scratch MATLAB JavaScript C Scala Bash Lua Prolog Hack F# Rust Apex D Lisp Scheme Awk COBOL Ada ABAP ML Erlang Dart Julia Crystal Fortran Logo FoxPro Clojure LabVIEW VBScript Alice SAS Transact-SQL Kotlin / __