help!

Hi

I'm trying to develop an online strategy tick-based game using php and mySQL. I'm using cookies to keep track of users logged in, one for the password and one for the username. The trouble is, when you load up a page, the values out of mySQL are not displayed, you have to refresh first. When the page refreshes, everything is fine. Why is this happening? Is there a way around it?

Thanks very much for any help

Matt Bray

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by Souldrinker at 2002-10-22 8:29:48[/red][/b][hr]
    I guess the matter is that the cookie is not set when the user visits the page first time.

Do you use the same cookie on every page? Be sure that the several pages are in the same folder, otherwise the cookies will be saved as different ones.

Cookie-Handling is described very fine in the documentation: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.setcookie.php

If this not helps, try to give out some help-variables while your script proceeds the data, to check where the error lies, either in your sql-syntax or the cookie handling you use.

best regards,

sebastian mohrenstecher
    executive secretary
    net::allies

www.net-allies.de
    info@net-allies.de