Creating a GUI

Ok, this is probably a really dumb question, but how do i go about making a GUI with a C++ program. I can do text based apps ok, how do i convert it to a gui.

Thanks

Brendan

Comments

• : Ok, this is probably a really dumb question, but how do i go about making a GUI with a C++ program. I can do text based apps ok, how do i convert it to a gui.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : Brendan
    :
    [blue]When you mention GUI - you need to know a platform: system, etc...[/blue]
  • Ok i want to do a gui for a windows system. (98 and/or XP).

How do i do that?

Thanks

• : Ok i want to do a gui for a windows system. (98 and/or XP).
    :
    : How do i do that?
    :
    :
    :
    [blue]Somehow I am lost...
    Windows itself [b]IS[/b] GIU... so what exactly your definition of GUI? Example, maybe...[/blue]
  • : : Ok i want to do a gui for a windows system. (98 and/or XP).
    : :
    : : How do i do that?
    : : Thanks
    : [blue]Somehow I am lost...
    : Windows itself [b]IS[/b] GIU... so what exactly your definition of GUI? Example, maybe...[/blue]
    :

The only programs i can make at the moment have a purely text input and display only text. I want to be able to display pictures, have buttons to click, pop up dialog boxes, etc.

Thanks
  • : : : Ok i want to do a gui for a windows system. (98 and/or XP).
    : : :
    : : : How do i do that?
    : : : Thanks
    : : [blue]Somehow I am lost...
    : : Windows itself [b]IS[/b] GIU... so what exactly your definition of GUI? Example, maybe...[/blue]
    :
    : The only programs i can make at the moment have a purely text input and display only text. I want to be able to display pictures, have buttons to click, pop up dialog boxes, etc.
    :
    :
    [blue]Then you need Win32 API book - preferably Charles Petzold.

If you have VC++ - when creating a new project - specify that you need [b]Win32 Application[/b] and not [b]Win32 Console Application[/b].[/blue]
  • : Ok, this is probably a really dumb question, but how do i go about making a GUI with a C++ program. I can do text based apps ok, how do i convert it to a gui.
    :
    :
    : Brendan
    :
    Take a look at www.libsdl.org