EOleSysError in module bms.exe at 0002D50D

I have made an TCP/IP application (network chat application) with Delphi 3 using its TCP components. On my computer (win me) it works fine, but on my brother's computer (win xp) it does not work. same thing with the tcp examples from borland !!! So it can't directly be my fault. I always get this EOleSysError message on my brother's computer. All the programs I've made without tcp/ip work on both of the computers. Also the program does not work on the computer of his friend who also has win xp. What's the problem? (I don't know if this matters, but both of em didn't install MS word and I saw something with OLE there before, but the other internet applications like ICQ work fine also, so that shouldn't be the problem, should it? alright, ICQ is probably not based on the tcp components of delphi 3...) Anyway, I don't know how to fix this, and I would really like to get this app to work. So help me, pleeaaase!

Comments

• : I have made an TCP/IP application (network chat application) with Delphi 3 using its TCP components. On my computer (win me) it works fine, but on my brother's computer (win xp) it does not work. same thing with the tcp examples from borland !!! So it can't directly be my fault. I always get this EOleSysError message on my brother's computer. All the programs I've made without tcp/ip work on both of the computers. Also the program does not work on the computer of his friend who also has win xp. What's the problem? (I don't know if this matters, but both of em didn't install MS word and I saw something with OLE there before, but the other internet applications like ICQ work fine also, so that shouldn't be the problem, should it? alright, ICQ is probably not based on the tcp components of delphi 3...) Anyway, I don't know how to fix this, and I would really like to get this app to work. So help me, pleeaaase!
    :
    WinXP is based on the NT technology, while WinME is based on Win 9x. This could mean that there are some differences between the Ole kernels, which might cause your program to fail. If you could tell us which EOleSysError happened (the error message), perhaps one of us could figure out what is wrong. I myself had a similar problem once with one of my (non-TCP)-programs and it was caused by a call to function in the kernel which existed in 9x and not in NT.