Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problems with Writing to an Existing Process

PhoenixStarPhoenixStar Member Posts: 5
Ok, here's my dilemma. I want to use wzzip (winzip command line program) to zip a bunch of files from my program. I can set up my code to start and stop the process, but I want to be able to write to the process.

Unless someone else has a way around it, wzzip needs to have the user press enter to confirm the zip. I want my code to send the ENTER key to the wzzip program.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Comments

• FallenFallen Member Posts: 32
    : Ok, here's my dilemma. I want to use wzzip (winzip command line program) to zip a bunch of files from my program. I can set up my code to start and stop the process, but I want to be able to write to the process.
    :
    : Unless someone else has a way around it, wzzip needs to have the user press enter to confirm the zip. I want my code to send the ENTER key to the wzzip program.
    :
    : How can I do this?
    :
    : Thanks
    :

Try

AppActivate "wzzip" <-- or whatever it says for the title of the program
    SendKeys "{ENTER}"

• PhoenixStarPhoenixStar Member Posts: 5
    : : Ok, here's my dilemma. I want to use wzzip (winzip command line program) to zip a bunch of files from my program. I can set up my code to start and stop the process, but I want to be able to write to the process.
    : :
    : : Unless someone else has a way around it, wzzip needs to have the user press enter to confirm the zip. I want my code to send the ENTER key to the wzzip program.
    : : How can I do this?
    : : Thanks
    :
    : Try
    :
    : AppActivate "wzzip" <-- or whatever it says for the title of the program
    : SendKeys "{ENTER}"
    :
    :

Ok, I did try that, but the program didn't process the key. Now, WZZIP is a DOS program, does this matter? I used the Sendkeys with both my process.start and with the appactivate and neither one worked. It's like I could here the program hit the ENTER key but not when the started process had focus.

Is anyone familiar with the wzzip program, is there a way to zip it without have to confirm with user entry. Are there any other command line programs that I can use where user confirmation is not necessary.
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

____ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about || PL/SQL Swift MATLAB R Java Delphi Scratch C PHP Go Ruby JavaScript Assembly Python Objective-C Visual Basic C# C++ Perl Visual Basic .NET VBScript Ada Bash Hack Awk ML Lua Julia Lisp Rust Prolog ABAP LabVIEW Erlang F# Clojure Scala Crystal Dart Kotlin Logo Alice Transact-SQL D COBOL Apex Scheme FoxPro Fortran SAS || ______