Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Total Newbie to Java

ChevronChevron Member Posts: 3
Hey guys,
I am new to java and as part of my course, I must do a project in a language that i have not used before, I chose java.
I decided my project would be an mp3 player but have yet to find one that runs using the source files. they all run with the jar file but not with the source files, i have tried, jrev,jplayer,javalayer etc etc. has anyone got a project out there that works? I find it easier to learn a language when I see working code and analyse it,
Thanks for your help guys,
[email protected]

Comments

• QueezyTheGreatQueezyTheGreat Member Posts: 70
    [size=1]
    Hey guys,
    I am new to java and as part of my course, I must do a project in a language that i have not used before, I chose java.
    I decided my project would be an mp3 player but have yet to find one that runs using the source files. they all run with the jar file but not with the source files, i have tried, jrev,jplayer,javalayer etc etc. has anyone got a project out there that works? I find it easier to learn a language when I see working code and analyse it,
    Thanks for your help guys,
    [email protected]
    [/size]
    What do you mean by "but not with the source files". Do you mean that
    you tried to execute the source code?

-------==[QTZ]==------
    -==[QueezyTheGreat]==-

• chamsterchamster Member Posts: 662
    Are you looking for the source code for decoding an mp3-file to, let's say, wav-file? In that case it's not a specific Java question. You can give it a try on the www.google.com and look for "mp3 format decoding". I don't guarantee you the result, though.

By the way - why not use a compiled layer and "decompile" it? I think there's a utility for that somewhere...

Kind Regards
    Konrad
    ----------------------------
    (+46/0) 708-70 73 92
    [email protected]
    http://konrads.webbsida.com

• ChevronChevron Member Posts: 3
    thanx for replying,
    good advice, but im able to combine all the files in a project but they just dont work, if ya have time could anyone download the source for javalayer or something and see if they can get it to run in a project,

thanx guys
    David
  • ChevronChevron Member Posts: 3
    queezy,

I tried to compile the source code, hell i cant even do that right
    : but im able to combine all the files in a project but they just dont work

Define "don't work", please :-)

: if ya have time could anyone download the source for javalayer or something and see if they can get it to run in a project,

A friend of mine did something like that once. I'm not sure what the MP3-layer was called, though.

Kind Regards
    Konrad
    (+46/0) 708-70 73 92
    [email protected]

• QueezyTheGreatQueezyTheGreat Member Posts: 70
    [size=1]
    queezy,

I tried to compile the source code, hell i cant even do that right
    [/size]
    Well to compile the source you just have to type [b]javac yourSource.java[/b].

-------==[QTZ]==------
    -==[QueezyTheGreat]==-

: I tried to compile the source code, hell i cant even do that right

Do you mean that you got a large number of scary-looking errors when compiling? Or don't you know how to get about to compile what so ever?

Kind Regards
    Konrad
    (+46/0) 708-70 73 92
    [email protected]

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

___ / http://forcoder.org / free ebooks and video tutorials about ( PHP, C++, C#, Scratch, Objective-C, C, R, Go, Visual Basic, Perl, Assembly, Java, JavaScript, Delphi, Swift, MATLAB, PL/SQL, Python, Visual Basic .NET, Ruby Clojure, Bash, Dart, LabVIEW, SAS, Scala, Hack, Rust, VBScript, Awk, D, F#, ML, Julia, COBOL, Ada, Apex, Erlang, Transact-SQL, Scheme, Fortran, ABAP, Logo, Prolog, Crystal, Kotlin, Lua, FoxPro, Alice, Lisp ) ________