Sort table / dbgrid by lookup field

hi all,

i am trying to sort a dbgrid according to a lookup field, the index method does not work because i can't create an index for a look field.
my finaly objective is to create a dbgrid that have sort by clicking on the title of each column, including lookup fields

TIA,
guy

Comments

• : hi all,
    :
    : i am trying to sort a dbgrid according to a lookup field, the index method does not work because i can't create an index for a look field.
    : my finaly objective is to create a dbgrid that have sort by clicking on the title of each column, including lookup fields
    :
    : TIA,
    : guy
    :

Hi, I've done something along those lines, but it was kinda fudged. I set the number of fixed rows in my dbgrid to 0, and then created a "fake" top fixed row, made up ACTUALLY of buttons. Upon clicking a button, the program would then string together a query with a different ORDER BY clause, and I would then requery and repopulate the dbgrid with the newly sorted data. I have just found out recently you can even keep your highlighted place in the grid (roughly) by keeping track of a toprow property.

Hope that helps!
    Rusty