Dos help

I want to run bochs which is a emulator for testing programs. In order to use it, I need a version of a dos boot disk that supports the /s command for system files. I know the win95 command.com supports this, but I am limited to FAT16 as my partition for fdisk for this version.

Is there a way to somehow patch the win95 command.com to support FAT32 which will allow me to use the FAT32 version of fdisk?. If so, how would I do this. If not, would using freedos as a boot disk work for me?

Comments

• : I want to run bochs which is a emulator for testing programs. In order to use it, I need a version of a dos boot disk that supports the /s command for system files. I know the win95 command.com supports this, but I am limited to FAT16 as my partition for fdisk for this version.
    :
    : Is there a way to somehow patch the win95 command.com to support FAT32 which will allow me to use the FAT32 version of fdisk?. If so, how would I do this. If not, would using freedos as a boot disk work for me?
    :

I figured out my problem. I downloaded the win95b version which has support for FAT32. I then used hexedit to change the windows 95 messages to windows 98. I then tried to edit io.sys so that I could change the starting message to windows 98. When I copied the io.sys file back to the floppy disk and ran it, it hung!.

It should of worked. Considering I created the floppy disk from a image, would it not work. Is there a way to decompress the .img file so that I can change the io.sys file and then re-add it to the .img file?.

What do you suggest I do?