MS Common Dialog

Help, when I try to add the MS Common Dialog Control 5.0 (comdlg32.ocx)to a new or existing VB5 project I get an error as follows (the quote is part of the error) " could not be loaded.

TIA

Comments

• Hi! I have only one question to you:

Do you add MS Common Dialog pressing Ctrl+T or you load a project in VB that uses this OCX?

• : Hi! I have only one question to you:

: Do you add MS Common Dialog pressing Ctrl+T or you load a project in VB that uses this OCX?

By the Ctrl+T method. I don't have a project that already has this in. Also I installed the Service Pack 3 and it didn't help.

• Write here for me the whole error message that you get. I think I can help you with your problem.

• : Help, when I try to add the MS Common Dialog Control 5.0 (comdlg32.ocx)to a new or existing VB5 project I get an error as follows (the quote is part of the error) " could not be loaded.

: TIA

You should try reinstall the ActiveX control. If you want, i can e-mail you the Microsoft Common Dialog Control v.6.0 but i don't know if it is compatible with Visual Basic v.5.0 projects

Friendly,

Ranger

• There's a utility that repairs errors with some OCXs in VB5. I've got it and if you want I'll send it to you.

• : There's a utility that repairs errors with some OCXs in VB5. I've got it and if you want I'll send it to you.

I have reinstalled it more than once. Yes I would like the repair utility. In the interm I purchased VB6 and the VB6 works fine.

Still would like to know what the problem is.

• Follow the address and you'll get the repair utility. It's my downloads and you can get everything you want from there. The address is:

http://www.angelfire.com/nc/nimnul/index.html

You have there the two versions of the repair utility: for VB5 and for VB6.

Tell me after that if it has done what you wanted.

Anton.