visual basic drowning

I'm currently taking v.b in college but i don't understand what codeing to use and when, for example varibles,cursales, if,then ,encase,loops
what do i need to do to learn v.b

Comments

• Go to some site and download tutorials!! Should be right on this site! Then, when you encounter problems, you can post them here!!

Good luck NEWBIE!:)))

: I'm currently taking v.b in college but i don't understand what codeing to use and when, for example varibles,cursales, if,then ,encase,loops
    : what do i need to do to learn v.b
    :

[HR]
    Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    [HR]

[GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]

• : I'm currently taking v.b in college but i don't understand what codeing to use and when, for example varibles,cursales, if,then ,encase,loops

Coding is kind of like algebra. You use variables to represent numbers. You write statements to manipulate those numbers. A program is just a series of logical and mathematical statements. It's really fairly simple to get started.

[code]
    Dim x As Integer 'this says to create a variable named x which stores integers
    x = 3 'this says to assign x the value 3
    If x = 3 Then 'this should be obvious, if it isn't, you need to find something other than programming to do with your life
    MsgBox "Foo!" 'this uses the builtin function MsgBox to display a Message Box on your screen
    End If 'this closes the "If" statement scope and tells the
    'program where to jump to if x is not 3
    [/code]

Very simple. Everything complicated is built on simpler things.

• : Go to some site and download tutorials!! Should be right on this site! Then, when you encounter problems, you can post them here!!
    :
    : Good luck NEWBIE!:)))
    :
    : : I'm currently taking v.b in college but i don't understand what codeing to use and when, for example varibles,cursales, if,then ,encase,loops
    : : what do i need to do to learn v.b
    : :
    :
    : [HR]
    : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : [HR]
    :
    : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :

• : I'm currently taking v.b in college but i don't understand what codeing to use and when, for example varibles,cursales, if,then ,encase,loops

I'm sorry you felt offended at my previous reply.

Anyways, if you ask us a specific question then we can help you.

"How do I create a new project?"

"How do I add a button to a form?"

"How do I write a function?"

etc.

Do you know any other programming languages or are you completely new to the idea?