Why answer questions?

I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.

Comments

• : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.

I do it because sometimes I need the help myself and I feel that people are more likely to help me if I've helped them in the past.
  • : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    :
    I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
  • Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.

: : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : :
    : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    :

[HR]
    Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    [HR]

[GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]

• I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.

: Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    :
    :
    : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : :
    : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    :
    : [HR]
    : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    :
    : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :

• yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks

: I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    :
    :
    : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : :
    : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : [HR]
    : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

• Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)

: yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    :
    : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : :
    : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : [HR]
    : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

• Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..

: Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    :
    : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : [HR]
    : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

• You poor lazy bastard :P

: Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..
    :
    :
    : : Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    : : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

• I am very lazy. In everything... But now i can continue with PHP coding.

: You poor lazy bastard :P
    :
    : : Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..
    : : : Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    : : : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

• Which is good I suppose, me I wish I could go home now!
    : I am very lazy. In everything... But now i can continue with PHP coding.
    :
    : : You poor lazy bastard :P
    : : : Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..
    : : : : Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    : : : : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

• where are u and what are u doing'? HUH?

: Which is good I suppose, me I wish I could go home now!
    : : I am very lazy. In everything... But now i can continue with PHP coding.
    : : : You poor lazy bastard :P
    : : : : Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..
    : : : : : Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    : : : : : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : : : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : : : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : : : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    : : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

• : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.

True I agree. I aksed a question a couple of years back and KDL answered me. From there I wanted to give something back. Since then its been part of my daily routine to come here. Saying that I mostly stay on theis board these days.

• agreed, I learned VB without using internet at all!! I used only the MSDN and my own experience. I HATE users that ask too simple questions. Like just now some asked how to reposition a msgbox. (!) These kinds of questions should not be allowed at all. If people are not able to find the solution for themselves, they are lame coders and stay lame coders.

Ok, i might not know the solution by using API, simply because i didnt read the arguments for that particular API call. Those problems are to be solved with the MSDN and with pure logic.

In the old days, i learned MSX BASIC just by having 1 list of all statements and functions. Just simply fill in the arguments required by those functions! I did it in a short time and i was just 9!!! Puh!

Are people too lame today or just lazy?? On the other hand, i did not have internet as backup for those days and login to an BBS with my 1200 baud modem was out of the question..

: : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    :
    : True I agree. I aksed a question a couple of years back and KDL answered me. From there I wanted to give something back. Since then its been part of my daily routine to come here. Saying that I mostly stay on theis board these days.
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-10-30 6:32:49[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-10-30 6:31:57[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-10-30 6:30:55[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-10-30 6:30:1[/red][/b][hr]
    : I dont want to think too much
    :
    I like that confession :-D