Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Select to retrieve the 10 max values

BuxioBuxio Posts: 6Member
am rather a newbie...but i was wonder what select statement i can use to retreieve the 10 top values from a table...for instance the 10 books that sell the most.... whit the largest numbers for noofsales

Select title, author, price, noofsales where noofsales between ????

if use between i need 2 values the MAX(noofsales) that would give me one value for the between..how do i find the 10 value?

or is there another select one could use?

Comments

• SouldrinkerSouldrinker Posts: 143Member
    ok... here an example:

Guess you want to select the 10 most actual news from out a table "NEWS" with the following fields:

news_id
    news_caption
    news_date

To do so, you need the following statement:

[code]
    SELECT NEWS.`news_id`, NEWS.`news_caption`, NEWS.`news_date` FROM NEWS ORDER BY NEWS.`news_date` DESC LIMIT 0,10
    [/code]

That's all... this script will retrieve the 10 most actual news, do so with other tables - it depends deeply on the order clause.
    best regards,

sebastian mohrenstecher
    executive secretary
    net::allies

www.net-allies.de
    [email protected]

• gizzugizzu Posts: 42Member
    Try this:

Select top 10 title, author, price, noofsales order by noofsales desc

: am rather a newbie...but i was wonder what select statement i can use to retreieve the 10 top values from a table...for instance the 10 books that sell the most.... whit the largest numbers for noofsales
    :
    : Select title, author, price, noofsales where noofsales between ????
    :
    : if use between i need 2 values the MAX(noofsales) that would give me one value for the between..how do i find the 10 value?
    :
    : or is there another select one could use?
    :
    :
    :
    :